This is for the CIS-verse version of this character. For the original character this character was based on, please go to his page on AHS Wiki.
?6?6?6?6?6?6 ?6?6?6 ?6?6?6?6?6?6
?6?6?6?6?6 Murderous ?6?6?6?6?6
?6?6?6?6 Insidious ?6?6?6?6
?6?6?6 Cruel ?6?6?6
?6?6 Hateful ?6?6
?6 Arrogant ?6
< < - Now, the Anti-Christ is Born -> >
?6 Evil ?6
?6?6 Loveless ?6?6
|Spoiler Alert: This article/section contains details about future plotlines of LOTM: Sword of Kings described. Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled. |
|Spoiler Alert: This article/section contains details about future plotlines of LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow described. Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled. |
"I met him, years ago in Rome. I first saw him as a kind, sweet and benevolent figure and therefore I endorsed him as the Pope. However, when he showed himself right on the Holy Seat, I felt I was looking at a stranger whenever I looked at him, looking at his eyes. His eyes were no longer green. Now, they were inhumanely red, showing a color of blood and fire. There was nothing left in him; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong His face was once warm and smiling like white roses, but now it became cold, menacing and malicious like thorns. I spent three days trying to reach him but then I decide that I need to overthrow him when because I realized that what was living behind Michael's eyes was purely and simply... evil."
|Alias||Anti-Christ, War, Horseman of War, Second Horseman, La Apotasia, Future Michael, Fusion Michael, Father, Satanic Messiah, Blood Moon Wicked, Anti-pope, Pope Michael, The Man with Many Faces, Black Pharaoh, Tate Langdon Jr., Rubber Man II, Rubber Man, Tenebrae of the Centre, Ten Commandments Killer III, White Nun, Sister White Rose, Red Devil, Bloody Face III, Green Meanie, Unknown, Unknown Figure, Unknown Person, Unknown Grand Grimoire Figure, Assassin, Fifth Tribulation (usurper), The Eternal Pope, Holy Emperor, Pope Langdon the First, Hooded Maniac, His Holiness, The Only Pope, Demon Prince, Prince Michael, Dark One, Master, The Nether, Evil with Many Faces|
|Race||Human (born), Demon (in reality)|
|Age||20 years old in Rise of Blue Haired Heroine,24 years old in Saga AA, 25 years old in Michael Saga, Ageless in LOTM: Destiny|
|Status||Trapped inside Hell|
|Birthday||December 21st, 2012|
|Height||1.78m (Young adult, Blood Moon Wicked Standard & Blood Moon Wicked - S)|
2.1 m (Blood Moon Wicked - M; Face only), 5m (Blood Moon Wicked - S; Face)
|Weight||56 kg (as human), Uncertain (as Blood Moon Wicked)|
|Hair Color||Blond, turned black in childhood and later white in adulthood|
|Eye Color||Malachite Green (normal), Red (demonic), Golden (berserk)|
|Affiliation||Himself, Fallen Roman Catholic Church (founder), Triggers Hell, Satan's Cult, United Kingdom of America, Astaroth Empire|
|Previous Affiliation||Constance Langdon, Order of Terror, KnightWalker Family|
Roman Catholic Church (original), Leohart's Cult
Deus.Ex.Machina Empire, Order of Terror
|Previous Occupation||Bishop of New Orleans|
|Partner(s)||Future Michael (later merged with him)|
The Fallen's Essence
Terra of the Left
Francesco di Medici
|Base of Operation||Vatican|
|Relatives||Hugo Langdon (grandfather)|
Constance Langdon (grandmother)
Beauregard Langdon (uncle)
Adelaide Langdon (aunt)
Tate Langdon (father)
Vivien Harmond (mother)
Jeffrey Harmond (half-brother / twin-brother)
Violet Harmond (half-sister)
|Hobbies||Serving Triggers Hell; ruling the Church with his iron fists; destroying everything he can destroy and wanted to destroy|
|Goals||Becoming the Pope; destroying the entire world and bring back Moloch's era; spread Dark Curse on every realms across the Multi-Universe; destroy Scathach's New World Order and reshape the world in his image|
|Type of Power||Magic, Black Magic, Curses|
|Weapon||The Grand Grimore|
Staff of Eden
|English Voice||Evan Peters|
Michael Langdon is the overall central antagonist LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow and a posthumous antagonist in its sequel, LOTM: Star Spangled Crown (with Moloch as the two-part storyline's overarching villain), starting as the hidden Bigger Bad in The Cranes Arc and the primary antagonist in the crossover - LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow & Sword of Kings Crossover - The Corbin Files. He is the biological grandson and the adopted son of Constance Langdon, and the birth child of Tate Langdon and Vivien Harmon. He is a seemly innocent child, but in fact he is a pure-evil Anti-Christ. He will appears in LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow - Anti-Christ Saga as the titular primary antagonist. In both of the works, his storylines are original, being an OC character created by Officer Candy Apple from CIS Productions.
Also, Michael is one of the thirteen arch-villains in Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow and one of the main antagonists in LOTM: Sword of Kings AA Final - Eckidina Arc, being the archenemy of Maria Arzonia and La Nueva Familia de Arzonia. By the end of the arc, he became an ally of Diabla the Qliphoth Tyrant / Eckidina KnightWalker, The Fallen and Order of Terror, and start the purge in Vatican in order to make way for his own glory, but later was back-stabbed by Diabla and was forced to turned against her. After World War III, Michael remained his position as the Pope of a new born Fallen Catholic Church and started his next move of interfering time. He is the second influential antagonist in LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow after Moloch, but was the most recurring antagonist ever in overall story, appeared and/or referred in NEARLY ALL parts of the story. In the first part of the storyline, Anti-Christ Event (Saga 1-5) Michael served as the central antagonist, whereas Moloch serves as the man behind the curtain. In the second and last part of the storyline (Saga 6-13), Moloch Event, where Moloch became the central antagonist, Michael served as a major supporting antagonist posthumously.
Due to his evil personality as well as ambiguous loyalty, Michael is bitterly rivaled by many people, including Maria Arzonia, one of his most notable victims and his later arch-nemesis. Aside from heroes, Michael was also a bitter rival with other villains like B1-Killer Kampfdroide Unit-CM 130, Aryana Westcott, Dahlia Hawthorne, Selina Strawberry, Jasmine Porcelain and the Hidden One, and Michael would even feel obliged to join forces of heroes temporarily not long before planning to back-stab them viciously.
After his child form's destruction, Michael was sent to Hell, tormented and struggled in an eternal fight between him and Leohart's failed minions and slaves. However, not only the New Timeline he caused cannot be reverse, but also Michael's soul was proved to be so strong that it escaped its possible fate of turning into nothingness. Before his death, Michael split the soul himself secretly into zillions of pieces and spread them across the whole Multi-Universe, and this act was never achieved by any major villains in Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow before or after him, not even Moloch.
There are also other versions of Michael in different timelines, most notably Michael Langdon in the Astaroth Future or Future Michael. Astaroth Future Michael is a future version of Michael Langdon, the Anti-Christ of Sleepy Hollow as well as the usurped 5th Tribulation, inside the Astaroth Hell timeline. He is an alternate timeline counterpart of the Michael from Astaroth Empire timeline, as well as one of the main antagonists in LOTM: Los Reina de Corazónes. He is also the teacher of Mashvera / Tomas Sev, one of the few people he cared about.
Future Michael was the former "Pope" of the Fallen Roman Catholic Church who became a supporter of Ara Astaroth and betrayed his supposed former superiors, The Fallen's Essence and Eckidina KnightWalker, whom he treated as simply just another level of stairs towards his glory, thus becoming one of the lead Dark Mages of Ara's Empire right after he helped her to destroy Catholic Church, since the Church shall be no longer useful to him.
Future Michael is also one of the main antagonists in the upcoming LOTM: Los Reina de Corazónes alongside Ara, Vira Hermes, the future B1-Killer Kampfdroide Unit-CM 130, Black Raven and the mysterious Mask of Black, but he has most of the appearance among them all and serves as an archenemy of Future Maria Arzonia.
Ichabod had foreseen the influence of Michael's death, and it will cause great suffering in future, and it will explained in Moloch Arc and future spin-offs, even in LOTM: Destiny, when Michael's escaped soul possessed a cultist member who loyal to him in order to regenerate his flesh once more, before absorbing the remnants of his Legion and thus regaining his Demon Prince Fusion Form once again. Therefore, it is clear that Michael is not completely destroyed after his final battle with Team Witness and the Spirit Guides.
However, there is one thing is for sure: Even after his apparent death, Michael gets his last laugh. After Moloch's final defeat, despite being able to move on and trying to forget about the Tribulations, Ichabod, Abbie and Katrina - as well as the entire Team Witness - were all haunted by the nightmare of Michael very often throughout the rest of their life.
Being the Heavy of the entire LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow, Michael Langdon is notable for being the very first villain in the works of CIS Productions who gained victory in his goal, most notably at the end of The Corbin Files where he became the Pope of Catholic Church despite all efforts that could stop him. Michael is also the only villain in LOTM: WoSH who accepted his death peacefully without any struggling or attempt of escaping, and he is the first main villain who managed to successfully kill several main heroes onscreen before he was defeated. Michael values nothing and would do anything to achieve his goals, even if it means to sacrifice those that are close to him, and to some extent, Michael is equally dangerous as Moloch (if not more so) despite being Moloch's second in command. Michael's reincarnations formed from his Legion later would appear in the second half of the story, paving way for the arrival of the United Kingdom of America.
NameMichael /ˈmaɪkəl/ is a male given name that comes from Hebrew: מִיכָאֵל / מיכאל (Mīkhāʼēl, pronounced [miχaˈʔel]), derived from the question מי כאל mī kāʼēl, meaning "Who is like God?". The name first appears in the Hebrew Bible in the Book of Numbers, 13:13 where Sethur the son of Michael is one of 12 spies sent into the Land of Canaan.
The archangel Michael features in the Book of Daniel 12:1, and in the Quran as Mikaeel. He is considered a saint by the Catholic Church, Ethiopian Orthodox Church and Eastern Orthodox Church. For the Roman Catholic Church, 29 September is the feast day of the three archangels: Michael, Gabriel and Raphael. For the Eastern Orthodox Church, 8 November is the day of archangels Michael and Gabriel, and of the rest of the angels. It is ironic for an Anti-Christ to have a name of an incorruptible angel.
"Langdon" is a common English surname and is also a common male given name in English speaking country.
His self-proclaimed title, "Tenebrae of the Center" have religious meaning in its "Tenebrae" part as well. "Tenebrae", meaning "shadow" & "darkness" in Latin, is a Christian religious service celebrated in the Holy Week within Western Christianity, on the evening before or early morning of Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Holy Saturday. Tenebrae is distinctive for its gradual extinguishing of candles while a series of readings and psalms are chanted or recited.
The Roman rite of Tenebrae was widely observed in the Catholic Church, until liturgical reforms in the second half of the 20th century diminished the practice. Tenebrae liturgy traditions also exist in Anglicanism, Protestantism, and Western Rite Orthodoxy.
His full name was also coincidentally named after a famous British Bass Singer.
Basic InformationBefore the start of the storyline, Officer Candy Apple had already wanted to continue the currently inconclusive story concerned the original Michael Langdon (presented in American Horror Story: Murder House) in his fan work. However, at first, he did not have intentions to make Michael the Unknown Grand Grimoire Figure, as the role once belonged to Pandora of Sumeria. However, he then decided to make Michael the Unknown Figure and presented him as the second foremost antagonist in LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow who became Moloch's companion.
Beside every controversial Catholic Popes - especially Pope Leo X who is infamous for his corruption and passion on arts, Officer also drew inspirations from the well-known Damien Thorn in Omen and the real-life serial killer, Ed Gein, to construct Michael's life & personality.
Being a incarnation of Satanic Arch-type, a deceiver who walks in many shapes under many names, bringing ruin to everything and everyone, Michael Langdon is a powerful and born-to-be-evil entity with so many false faces, and he has many false names that he would publicly admit none of them. Michael is also very similar with Nyarlathotep from Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos, who is more or less Satan, if not worse. A shapeshifter, sometimes humanoid (as the Black Pharaoh in 'Nyaralthotep'), sometimes a hideous Eldritch Abomination, diabolical pact-maker, trickster...Although he does act as a right-hand for Moloch, Michael can be seen as a physical manifestation of Satan or even the original Devil' will, and is referred to as their 'soul and messenger' more than once.Therefore, Michael is exactly like Nyarlathotep to Moloch's Azathoth and Satan's Yog-Sothoth. Also, he could be considered as like Randall Flagg to Moloch's Crimson King.
Thirst for knowledge, Michael is also a hardworking and wise prodigy. He could educate himself and make a great progress. He hates to be strained by the stereotypes of education and love to educate himself so that he could be very knowledgeable. He loved reading and culture very much. During his time in New Orleans, Michael had visited every libraries and bookstores in his town and learned many things, while maintaining curiosity. The more he knew, the more he wants to know. He was also a careful man who won't make any details or potential chances of gaining knowledge to slip away.
Years later, Michael's self-education make him wise and knowledgeable, and he was polite, civilized and gently spoken. He was not only a man who was skilled at science, psychology and human nature, but also skilled in many languages such as Chinese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese and even Latin. Many people who met Michael for the first time (without knowing his true nature) think he is friendly and would be glad to be his friend. This proved to be another success as no one will ever consider that Michael is a villain, making him easier to achieve his first step: Becoming the Pope. However, Michael set up a bigger plan than just ruling Vatican, and it became more obvious after he acknowledged Balam Alliance the Fallen's Essence.Michael is also a murderous serial killer, and ironically his first victim is his half-brother and his birth mother, Vivien Harmond, whom he killed just by birth. After killing his nanny, Michael started to take pleasure in killing and killed the most hated person in his childhood life; Billie Dean Howard. He also tried to kill his grandmother before she beg him to do it after the KnightWalker Family had drove her insane. Michael soon became a apprentice of James Patrick March and became skilled in hiding evidence. Michael was good at choosing his victims. He will not kill the powerful people unless absolutely necessary. He killed people who would be hardly noticed by society, and he hated to leave loose ends. He also secretly stalked Jack the Ripper of the 21st Century without being noticed by anyone, not even the wise Kyouko Kirigiri, the Ultimate Detective,
After working with Melancholia, Michael ground his victims' flesh and bones before making them a part of FOLIE, an artificial sea monster made by him and Melancholia. Michael also seized the chance of the World War III and secretly murdered people before faking their death as the result of the KnightWalker Family's war crime. In a time of war, Michael's victims will be hardly noticed. What is more, ALL of the souls of Michael's victims - from his nanny to his latest victim - were all devoured by Michael and becoming a part of him forever. That is how Michael gained infinite power of splitting souls. It also spawned Michael's Legion after Michael's final form broke apart, and those souls were so corrupted that they completely became a part of Michael's puppets and could never go to afterlife for all eternity. What is worse, those corrupted souls went on to corrupt every living things and made them controlled by Michael, resulting many lives being corrupted forever. The terror's impact shall last for more than 5 billions of years and maybe even longer than the Multi-Universe itself.Michael is also fond of splitting personality, and he believed that many of human's evil alter-ego (if not all) had its own name and personality. With a great detective skill, could see the evil self in everyone's soul and will use torture, magic or many other methods to release the beast within his victims' heart. He will unleash their greatest fear in their heart before driving them insane, making them his puppet.
Michael's very first successful move on this sort of experiment is that he released the evil personality of "Shinya" from Mahiru Bamba with the help of Eckidina and Terra of the Left, also making her one of his loyal puppets to take over her soul. He also managed to make Izuru took over Hajime Hinata's body once again after showing his true form to him even though Michael failed to make Izuru his puppet.Interestingly, one of the strongest forms, and also his most insane forms - even beyond his Blood Moon Wicked form (rampage) - is none other than Michael's child self. In the final battle, Michael summoned a clone of his child form in front of Ichabod, and his adult form and child form, speaking the same words in the same time, formed a horrible combined force. The key to destroy Michael is to destroy his child form and his adult form in the same time, but this won't help in ending Michael's altering in timeline, thus the New Timeline made by Michael shall last forever, and Michael will never be forgotten by the Multi-Universe so easy.
Combined with the Staff of Eden which Michael managed to retrieve from Borgia's reign, Michael merged with Nether Sorensen, an unclean, powerful and insane Zodiac demon prince during his final battle against Team Witness and their allies, combining his child form's attack which also multiplied his power levels by two - and even more. He also had ability to harm a saved soul and reduced them into nothingness by making them to bleed. This is a clear symbol to Michael's Anti-Christ origin and also proving Katarina's word to Sister Mary Eunice, "All monsters in this world were once children."
Above all, Michael is the youngest villain ever appeared in LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow storyline, and it was so shocking to see a 24-year-old young man behaved like a demon who lived for billions of years to make God himself cry.
Astaroth Future MichaelBased on the final physical appearance of the original Michael Langdon as Blood Moon Wicked, a man with red eyes and white hair, Future Michael Langdon shared some similarities with his counterpart from the past timeline, but had a more excess and extravagant attire that was more like an aristocrat. This version of Michael was meant to be different from his past counterpart, being an even more deluded and more egotistic psychopath. He believed that the rule set by Ara and Sin Archbishops was his "absolute justice" he had been dreamed of, and then he developed a horrid delusion believing himself as an enforcer of some particular type of justice, which he claimed to be a cure that is most effective,
The design was soon came out immediately after Officer had acknowledge the design of Astaroth Empire as well as the plot happening in a Dystopian future. Future Michael Langdon was meant to be someone like Lara Thomas, who was also have some personality differences that her past counterpart (Molly Thomas) did not have due to her character development after years of service under Malcolm Dreyfuss as his adoptive daughter. However, unlike Lara who would be presented as a redeemed hero who returned back to past and change it, Future Michael would be a total pure evil villain who worked with his past counterpart coming into future, with a more sinister and evil theme. He believed himself to be someone that enforce the justice according to the rule of Triggers Hell and later Astaroth Empire.
Despite his demonic and narcissistic personalty, Future Michael seemed only cared deeply about his past counterpart, but it should not be considered as a redeeming quality. It is a sign of narcissism since both counterparts are in fact one and the same, and therefore Future Michael was only caring "himself". Despite not being the main villain of Leohart's Cult Sub Arc, Future Michael's presence shall give a great influence on the story of LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow since ultimately, Future Michael would be absorbed by his past counterpart as well, causing him to be erased from existence except being arguably "living" inside the current timeline's Michael, upgrading his power more than twice than before and eventually becoming a greater step for Michael to achieve his ultimate goal - becoming a stronger high-ranked demon and spread his own view of justice across the existence by the way of chaos itself.
Tarot Motif - V. The Reversed HierophantThe Hierophant (V), in some decks named The Pope, is the fifth trump or Major Arcana card in most traditional Tarot decks. It is used in game playing as well as in divination.
In many modern packs, the Hierophant is represented with his right hand raised in what is known esoterically as the blessing or benediction, with two fingers pointing skyward and two pointing down, thus forming a bridge between Heaven and Earth reminiscent of that formed by the body of The Hanged Man. The Hierophant is thus a true “pontiff”, in that he is the builder of the bridge between deity and humanity. In his left hand he held a triple cross. The Hierophant is typically male, even in decks that take a feminist view of the Tarot, such as the Motherpeace Tarot. The Hierophant was also known as "The Teacher of Wisdom."
In most iconographic depictions, the Hierophant is seen seated on a throne between two pillars symbolizing Law and Liberty or obedience and disobedience, according to different interpretations. He wears a triple crown, and the keys to Heaven are at his feet. Sometimes he is shown with worshipers, as his alternate title is the Pope or, sometimes, Jupiter. The card is also known as "The High Priest," as a counterpart to "The High Priestess" (which itself is also sometimes known as "The Papess," as counterpart to "The Pope").
The Hierophant represents education, authority, conservatism, obedience to rules and relationship with the divine. The Reversed version represents the misuse of the divine knowledge to manipulate others.
Michael's mental illnesses (Wikipedia source)
Bloodlust or bloodthirstiness refers to a desire to see blood being shed; it usually refers to a desire to see blood being shed in combat. It can also refer to a literal lust or desire for either the sight or drinking of blood, such as blood fetishism, or for drinking blood in vampire-like behavior.
Delusional disorder is a mental illness in which the patient presents with delusions, but with no accompanying prominent hallucinations, thought disorder, mood disorder, or significant flattening of affect. Delusions are a specific symptom of psychosis. Delusions can be "bizarre" or "non-bizarre" in content; non-bizarre delusions are fixed false beliefs that involve situations that could potentially occur in real life, such as being followed or poisoned. Apart from their delusions, people with delusional disorder may continue to socialize and function in a normal manner and their behavior does not generally seem odd. However, the preoccupation with delusional ideas can be disruptive to their overall lives. For the diagnosis to be made, auditory and visual hallucinations cannot be prominent, though olfactory or tactile hallucinations related to the content of the delusion may be present.
Grandiose delusions (GD), delusions of grandeur, expansive delusions or megalomania are a sub-type of delusion that occur in patients suffering from a wide range of psychiatric diseases, including two-thirds of patients in manic state of bipolar disorder, half of those with schizophrenia, patients with the grandiose sub-type of delusional disorder, and a substantial portion of those with substance abuse disorders. GDs are characterized by fantastical beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, wealthy, or otherwise very powerful. The delusions are generally fantastic and typically have a religious, science fictional, or supernatural theme. There is a relative lack of research into GD, in contrast to persecutory delusions and auditory hallucinations. About 10% of healthy people experience grandiose thoughts but do not meet full criteria for a diagnosis of GD.
Hysteria, in the colloquial use of the term, means ungovernable emotional excess. Generally, modern medical professionals have abandoned using the term "hysteria" to denote a diagnostic category, replacing it with more precisely defined categories, such as somatization disorder. In 1980, the American Psychiatric Association officially changed the diagnosis of "hysterical neurosis, conversion type" (the most extreme and effective type) to "conversion disorder".
Psychopaths are people who exhibit a constellation of antisocial personality disorder traits which include antisocial, sadistic, narcissistic, and borderline behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships and extreme egocentricity. They also do not learn from failure and take it out on others. Psychopathy is sometimes used anonymously with sociopathy, is traditionally defined as a personality disorder characterized by persistent impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, dis-inhibited, egotistical traits. Different conceptions of psychopathy have been used throughout history. These conceptions are only partly overlapping and may sometimes be contradictory.
Obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD) is a mental disorder where people feel the need to check things repeatedly, perform certain routines repeatedly (called "rituals"), or have certain thoughts repeatedly. People are unable to control either the thoughts or the activities for more than a short period of time. Common activities include hand washing, counting of things, and checking to see if a door is locked. Some may have difficulty throwing things out. These activities occur to such a degree that the person's daily life is negatively affected. Often they take up more than an hour a day. Most adults realize that the behaviors do not make sense. The condition is associated with tics, anxiety disorder, and an increased risk of suicide.
Complete Monster Proposal
Michael Langdon, the usurped Fifth Tribulation, is the son of Tate Langdon and Vivien Harmond and conceived via raping. Being born by a ghost as his father, Michael is also an Anti-Christ of legends and a spawn for disaster. He is one of the most infamous Anti-Christ villains in the entire CIS Productions Universe, is the first main villain of the stories who managed to connect the dimensions of both LOTM: Sword of Kings and LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow altogether, as well as their first crossover's main villain... and one of the villains with many reincarnations.
Despite being one of the youngest main villains in LOTM: WoSH, Michael is a horrid monster, and he was brutal and sadistic even as a child. Micheal proved himself by tainting so many blood on his hands, but he always wanted more, so he planned to put Roman Catholic Church under his control by assassinating every single pope by traveling through time, and he supported Nazi's Anti-Catholicism persecutions. However, his true goal was turn the Earth into Hell and rule upon humanity's ruins, and not even the Church itself was relevant for him, sealing his Chaotic Evil tendency. Both Katarina Couteau and Ichabod Crane both felt repulsive about Michael Landon, this born-to-be-evil whose only goal is to made holy order into unholy oppression of sadness.
PastMichael was proved to be a evil monster when he brutally murdered his nanny and showed pride upon it. After suffering from bullying and tormenting for being an orphan, Michael vowed to stay alive and slaughter every last one of them, and then he killed all of the children as well as his teacher who was cheating on his wife in brutal ways, before using his awakened demon magic to burn down 666 people in one night. Afterwards, Michael tortured Billie Dean Howard and killed her alongside Constance, his grandmother and his only family alive, in front of Hotel Cortez. He also became an apprentice of James Patrick March and encouraged the ghosts to break their promise not to kill anyone. He made a pact with March and forced John Lowe to succumb him or he will slaughter Scarlett Lowe. After deceiving and killing many people that nobody will care for their death, Michael eventually made a road of blood towards his ascension of the Catholic Church.
The Cranes Arc
After killing Kristoff's birth parents in his quest of searching the Sapphire of Ice, Michael soon used the aforementioned Eckidina KnightWalker as a pawn to invade the Land Without Color while hiding inside the darkness, over-watching her deceive Aerisi Kalinoth and Dr. Frankenstein. Afterwards, Michael's plan soon succeeded when Dr. Frankenstein became a broken man while the undead monsters attacking the realm under Eckidina's command. Michael is also responsible for the tragedy of Adam Frankenstein, the only revived monster of Frankenstein with his own emotions and free will but was abandoned. He also worked with Vizeran DeVir and fueled Vanifer's desire to construct the Empire of Fiery Pit, starting a new tyranny within the depths of Gauntylgrym and nearly set the entire Sword Coast on fire. In Arendelle, Michael disguised himself as the Green Meanie and attacked Arendelle, brutally assaulted the palace and killed many soldiers after Elsa refused to surrender. Due to its severity, Michael's attack had weakened the power of Arendelle Guards, making Blackheart and the others trying to get what they desired in Fairy Tale World, starting many evil things in the entire LOTM: WoSH.
Rise of the Blue Haired Heroine
After committing his sick and brutal slaughtering, Michael (as a 24-year-old man at that time) used his facade as an adventure to become the Bishop of New Orleans, a potential Cardinal of New York as well as the future Pope of Catholic Church, but he did not hesitate to taint his hands with blood in the process, including the brainwashing of Aleister Crowley in order to make him his pawn. He killed the mother of Esther Blanchett before standing before her as a false helper, adopting her and her half-sister in order to turn them into his tools. Michael also adopt the orphans from the streets who were unfairly treated, manipulating their wrath to twist them into monsters like him, including a lost Melancholia (Plaisir) who fervently fell in love with him, but Michael merely treated her as his servant. Moloch made a pact with Moloch in the past before he witnessed the power of Scathach. After that, Michael began to acknowledge the whole existence of the Order of Terror, but what Michael wanted was not being controlled or stabilize the world under one dictatorship. He wanted to plunge the world into chaos and rule upon the wreckage of humanity. After the death of Scathach, Michael started to hunt down many people from both KnightWalker Family and Anti-KnightWalker Factions (including remaining soldiers of KnightWalker Funeral Parlor) so that he would find more dead flesh to fill his so-called masterpiece; a sea monster named FOLIE.
The Corbin FilesDuring this time in The Corbin Files, Michael put many of his tasks on Melancholia to achieve his next goal; bring Moloch back. After tracking down Kyouko Kirigiri, Michael managed to commit manslaughter in the City of Vatican under his disguise, Michael almost killed Pope Matthai Reese, and he stole the Grand Grimoire from Vatican. He was then known as the Unknown Grand Grimoire Figure until he revealed his true identity. He nearly framed La Folia Rihavein for his crime and made a pact with Eckidina KnightWalker once again by lending her Grand Grimoire, but he soon outranked her in order to wipe August Corbin's existence and successfully summon the Horseman of Death, eventually causing Corbin's destined death. However, before reviving the Horseman, Michael deceived Katarina Couteau with his facade, making them to believe he was a friend, before backstabbing them after they were trapped. He also captured two old people, pretending them to be the parents of Kyouko Kirigiri, in order to force an oblivious Sonia Nevermind to do his evil bidding. He also committed massive chemical weapon attack in Eastern Asia and offered a job to the notorious Arzonia Brothers. The deeds deepened the tragedy of the three brothers' abused sister, Maria Arzonia, who was forced to work with her brothers that had no maternal blood relations with them. After Maria rebelled against her brothers and eventually tried to put an end to the KnightWalker Family's reign of terror, Michael attacked her and burnt her. It caused Maria being reconstructed as a Cyborg and ultimately, her tragic sacrifice. After that, Michael overthrew Sonia's attempt to overthrow him and killed the old couples in front of Sonia, mocking her with their death. Michael also manipulated Terra of the Left and killed the pope by his hand, all the while pretending to be innocent. Michael also brainwashed most of the clergies of Catholic Church, corrupting Mahiru "Shinya" Banba into her evil personality, and indirectly sent Eckidina to Sleepy Hollow as he planned. After revealing his true nature, Michael showed himself as cold, manipulate and heartless. He put Katarina and her teammates several times in danger and tried to destroy their mind with their past, revealing his intention to create a legion of his mind, and he forced Misogi to revive the cruel Serilda of Abaddon to kill more people. He taunted Sonia and planned to raise the Blood Moon once again to make the Horseman of Death conquer the world. The important note was that Michael was always calm during his crimes, all the way up to catching a bullet that was shot in his chest. However, after his bleeding wounds make him merged with the Blood Moon Wicked Pendant, which saved him from death, Michael started to reveal his true self of insanity, ranting and raving as he disintegrated into a swelling blood paste, and by the time of his apparent defeat, he was a slimy mass of madness, having trouble speaking, and is ranting nonstop about his desire to kill the Team Witness. What was worse, Michael regenerated in his human form and became the pope to start another reign of tyranny of the Fallen Roman Catholic Church, becoming the very first main villain in CIS Stories that won his goal at the end.
Astaroth VersionUnlike his past counterpart who was focusing on power as well as strength, Future Michael Langdon is a sneering, narcissistic, heartless and arrogant Knight Templar who bragged about his own might as someone so special that he was meant to be a Chosen One. He believed in his own delusions of grandeur and was as narcissistic as (if not worse than) Kanon Rihavein before her transformation into Heis. Even so, their brutality are the same. Deeming human as inferior, Future Michael turned into a misanthrope who outright joining Ara Astaroth to build her Dark Empire, Astaroth Empire. He joined Ara immediately after betraying his former superior, The Fallen's Essence, whom he deemed as simply a part for his next part of ascension, and he torn the eyes of Lusamine out with his own hands to clarify his true loyalty towards Triggers Hell as well as his ugly, sadistic and naked ambition. Then, Michael helped Ara to set out and destroy all Ara wanted to destroy, including the Rogues, and he even devoured the soul of Maria Arzonia after overpowering her. After the end World War III, Future Michael managed to change his former plan of changing the past and serving Moloch. Instead, he managed to locate Ichabod Crane as well as his comrades under the protection of Hexenmeisters. Future Michael gleefully killed all of Ichabod's friends before eating their souls. Then, Michael activated some brutal tortures towards Ichabod with nothing but sheer spite, deeming him as one of the inferior scums he wanted to kill, before ending Ichabod's misery by bashing his skull. Before the foundation of Astaroth Empire when Leohart was overthrown, Future Michael managed to enhance his immortality and strength strong enough to become a true, powerful demon, helping to bring forth Ara's ascension and killing Darth Hades. When the main timeline of Michael Langdon arrived at the future as he was tracking Katarina, Future Michael pacted with his past self and the two fought against Katarina and the Rogues from main timeline together. When Maria Arzonia and Future Michael confronted each other, Future Michael started to torture savagely all the time expressing his savoring in the feelings of almost killing the alternate Maria before, and therefore, he tried to kill the main timeline Maria so that he could savor the feelings once again. Even the original Michael Langdon was confused by his future self's attitude and wondering that this narcissistic and sadistic man would be himself in the future. Ironically, it would be true, since Future Michael ultimately fused with his past self and became one stronger and more malicious entity. When the two counterparts fused together, the fusion Michael finally started to merge his sadistic personality his past self had and his narcissistic personality his future self perfectly, claiming he would made humanity suffer before turning even MORE like a monster. Being the key part in Michael's plan and despite some differences, Future Michael Langdon was just as sadistic, horrible, treacherous and malicious as his past self, being a catalyst in Michael Langdon's path to destruction.
Anti-Christ SagaIn the final showdown between him and the Witnesses' team, Micheal managed to change the history by locking Jasmine Porcelain in Nine Hells and usurped her place as the Fifth Tribulation. He split himself into thirteen Micheals and traveled to different eras in order to wreck havoc, causing mayhem all over the humanity's history and almost unified the entire humanity under the hidden Dark Empire of Moloch; the United Kingdom of America. It was also revealed that Michael was working with the Black Fairy, the very creator of the Dark Curse, and tried to spread the curse throughout the entire Multi-Universe. Revealed himself being alive from his faked death, Michael also went so far that he absorbed the spiritual crystal of Nether Sorensen the Demon Prince in order to become a demonic god himself and invade Paradise. After that, Michael destroyed Sith Empire and revived all of his deceased minions and pawns as soulless husks in order to strike down both Team Witness and Alliance of Freedom. During the process, Michael manipulate Gideon, the son of Mr. Gold and Belle, into attacking his parents and Emma Swan, who was believed to be the Savior From the Storybrooke. During this time, Michael set up two sadistic choices; either Emma killed Gideon and became the Dark Swan, or Emma let Gideon to be killed so that the darkness will spread. After his return, Michael even tortured his lover, Melancholia, and turn Carl Robinson into a host of Zodiac Demon as well, causing Carl's death and the despair of Plaisir (the real Melancholia under the dark spirits). The most horrid crime Michael committed before his death was killing Abbie Mills in front of Ichabod with sheer brutality, and mocked Ichabod over her death. Although Michael was eventually defeated and his influence erased by the Reality Council, the story of him was far from over, as Michael eventually left his monstrous legacy in both timelines - his Legion Demons.
LegionIt is almost impossible for a whole group to be Complete Monsters, but what if this team were manifestation of just one man? Michael Langdon's Legion is a horrible and rare example of this, and those demonic soul fragments in the Legion are even WORSE than the original Michael before his damnation, appeared as uglier and more violent creature driven by hate and revenge. Michael's Legion is far more savage and violent compared to the original cold-hearted Michael, turning from a chaotic Evil Pope to a group of omnicidal fiends and thus becoming more dangerous. Even Michael himself hated being presented as this kind of form, but in order to bring destruction outside of the Hell, he had no choice. In fact, being controlled by the strings holding in a condemned Michael's hand, the Legion are zillions of soulless demon speaking one man's words - Michael's words. In his Legion form, Michael became even WORSE than his human form, since his power had now spread throughout the whole Multi-Universe and will seek to corrupt and destroy anyone he hates. The Legion first target on a new ally of Team Witness, Diana Thomas, aka the Third Witness, and "they" use her daughter as a hostage, forcing Diana to surrender and become Michael's new host before possessing BOTH of them. The Legion also possess the skeletons of Lady Crane (Ichabod's mother, killed by a deranged Lord Crane) and Balthus Van Tassel (Katrina's father, killed by Lady Van Tassel), turning them into hideous undead abominations in order to taunt Ichabod and Katrina. When one of the Legion targeted on a vessel and completely corrupting every cell of them, the vessel need to be completely destroyed. If not, Michael will decay their corpses in an accelerated speed, making them polluting source that pollute the soul and corrupt everyone 100,000,000 km near the corpse in mere days, and it made several planets became barren wastelands full of deranged zombies controlled by Michael's mind. The Legion also include clones that contained Michael's soul fragments, and Michael used his clones to taunt Ichabod and Abbie, in order to corrupt them. When one fragment of the Legion possessed an old music box, it began to possess and corrupt Ichabod, trying to turn him into an insane DEM Abyssal so that he can make Moloch and the Fallen work together to combine a dangerous force, and Legion itself will become the next ruler of Balam Alliance once it planted its "seed" anywhere in DEM Empire and the chance for Michael to overthrown Moloch, the Fallen and Leohart the Prince of Hell had come, so that he can escape the Hell and start his new plan uniting the Balam Alliance into one unique Dark Empire ruled by a brand new Fallen Roman Catholic Church. Even after Moloch's final defeat, the Legion has not done with its horrible corrupting influence in Multi-Universe, and it eventually becomes one of the greatest "legacies" given by Michael's New Timeline.
LOTM: DestinyIn LOTM: Destiny, Michael Langdon returned back from the dead thanks to remaining cultists from Triggers Hell and became even WORSE than ever before, being the main antagonist of the spinoff The Rise of La Apotasia which ended the aftermath of LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow once and for all. Calling himself with a new alias, La Apostasia, Michael became a sadistic successor of Ara Astaroth and started to expand Triggers Hell's remnants after lurking with five billions of years with his new body in order to bring back the rule of Triggers Hell by assisting Satan Cult, finally becoming one of the primary antagonists of Magic Side. Michael was aware of the presence of the Darkness and started his attempt to take control of it with pure greed and self-serving purpose. In order to announce his resurrection, Michael expanded his Legion troops and multiplied their number by 100 times in a matter of seconds (which shocked the entire New Republic), before sending a message to Wolf Pack Squad, heroes like Katarina Couteau, Eve Fullbuster, Maria Arzonia, Plaisir, Matt Butcher, Lara Thomas, Yato Stinger, Echidna StinWalker, and many, many more, in order to announce his own return. Michael's return had raised a sudden explosive increasing of the attack coming from dark cult fanatics who worshiped Anti-Christs, and Michael set up a great chain of plans in order to achieve his goals, and first and the foremost, killing Katarina Couteau after mocking her with the death of both Ichabod Crane and Imperia Deamonne. Michael scoffed at the idea to rebuild Balam Alliance, and was even jealous of Aryana Westcott who managed to return back to life even before him. After his return back from the dead, Michael becomes an embodiment of the Element of Void, and void of hope and only filled with nothing but pure nihilistic indifference towards the fate of Multi-Universe, being the person willing to put the New Republic to pure darkness and nothingness by releasing the sealed Elemental Princes of Apocalypse that Vizeran DeVir once served to eliminate Katarina, but it was merely a bait for him to hunt down his true target; Maria Arzonia. The plan of Michael was later revealed to be a suicidal mission, as he never wanted to be resurrected, but when he was brought back to life unexpectedly, he chose to die together with the remnants of Team Witness. Michael invaded Purgatory and destroyed Plaisir by implanting her with the remaining hatred of Zodiac Demons, making her an ultimate Zodiac Demon as his puppet and caused Selina Strawberry's death with it. In the end, in order to stop Michael from spreading his Legion forever, Maria had to sacrifice her own soul to seal him into Hell forever along with her, but it was also what Michael wanted so that they could torture each other for eternity inside Hell. Michael's plan ultimately succeeded, not only sealing Maria along with him inside the Hell for a brief time, but also making Matt Butcher and Lara Thomas (who managed to live for many centuries for Maria's soul protection ability) to rot to their death due to their loss on Maria's protection. However, what Michael never expected that Maria later escaped from Hell with the help of Plaisir's eternal soul, who took Maria's place to seal Michael inside Hell and set Maria free, before the souls of Matt, Selina and Lara went to Paradise and live happily forever. Even so, Michael had no regrets or fear when he found his plan to seal Maria ultimately failed, just satisfactions and congratulations to Maria. His final gloat before being sealed into Hell for good was his wish to see the Multi-Universe die by itself naturally like a frail old man, which was revealed to be his ultimate belief, before taking the final remnants as well as followers of Team Witness, La Nueva Familia de Arzonia, Hexenmeister Community and the Order of Flourish all together with him. To some extent, Michael is arguably the only villain in LOTM: Destiny who ultimately wins his goal before his defeat, burying the Two Successor of Witnesses and their allies, which fulfilled the wish Moloch failed to fulfill, 5 billions years after the fall of the United Kingdom of America.
Pope (current appearance)After becoming the Pope, Michael is normally seen wearing white embroidered robes of the Pope, but sometimes his robes have a blue bias as well. For most of the time, his hair is usually brown, but it becomes a lot closer to white than brown when Michael went into his berserk form again.
The most ironic thing for now is the great contrast of Michael's physical appearance as the Pope compared to his dark heart. Michael is featured with a white lamb, sun and sunflowers in his portrait. The white lamb is symbolic of innocence and The Lamb of God, while the sun and sunflower imagery represents unwavering faith. His portrait features him with white roses, symbolic of his purity. This is a clue that he still maintained his false heroic picture despite becoming an outright KnightWalker Family member.
Mainstream MichaelAs a child, Michael was just as cruel and sadistic as any other Anti-Christs appearing throughout the history of Multi-Universe, and the greatest proof was that he killed his nanny when he was merely a child of three-year-old with some sort of savage glee.
Throughout his childhood, though, even if he despised his religion school which Billie Dean Howard forced him to attend, Michael intended to be genuinely friendly towards others since he wanted to get close to others, but when he was severely bullied by other kids who declared him to be an orphan as well as a "bastard", which made Michael greatly offended. Trying to get his head teacher for help, Michael also unwittingly witnessed the head teacher cheating his wife, and that was the start of darkness.
Michael was also abused by other kids in Halloween Party when he was 10 years old and dressed up as a demon. Other kids mimicked Michael's dressing style and mocked him, and that was the last straw to push Michael into the depth of darkness. Feeling that strong shall rule the weak and deception shall be a way for survival (in his own twisted delusions), Michael began to hate anyone beside him and turned into a monster he was in his eternal life. Therefore, all of those suffer and eye-witness combined with Michael had finally awakened his Anti-Christ nature.Usually, especially before he turned into Blood Moon Wicked, Michael is manipulative, calm and cunning. He has a sense of humor, and his jokes is not frustrating or disturbing, but in fact they are ruse to make people feel closed and pleased, so that he could gain their trust. He also had his own logic of doing things that many could find it hard to understand. He despised God very much and sees Halloween costumes as crude things of "imposing" a demon.
Michael is also deceitful and delusional, living inside his own lies. Michael claims and proves himself to be irredeemable and deny every single chances for him to achieve his redemption, and thus he became irredeemable. He is such a diabolical person and even Sonia Nevermind hated him and feared him. He joins the KnightWalkers after becoming the Pope, but his selfish nature had revealed his true color - He only wants the KnightWalker Family to become his tool, and he even tried to control Diabla like he once did to Eckidina (though this time, he failed).
After he was wounded by Luke Morales' pistol, Michael bled in his chest and then the blood tainted the pendant of Serilda on his chest, mutating him and revived him after he fell to his apparent death, also saving his soul before it reached the bottom of Triggers Hell. At this time, every composure within Michael had broke into pieces and he savagely attack Ichabod, Katarina, Sonia and others in spite of anger. He also claimed his goal to plunge the world into hell and chaos, a similar goal to Eckidina, and proclaimed he will join the KnightWalker and shall not hide in his mask of false benevolence anymore.This utter insanity was stopped when Serilda (under Michael's control) and Blood Moon Wicked - M were destroyed and thus Michael was apparently defeated. Then, Michael returned to his cold and calm personality in order to become the new Pope of Fallen Roman Catholic Church, but he was still mentally unstable as a result of his mutation. The mutation had broke his false virtue once and for all, and he will hardly hide his true nature ever.
Michael was also a hypocrite, as shown during the time he was disgusted by the experiments committed by B1-Killer Kampfdroide Unit-CM 130 but agreed CM's request to send Catholic servants that were not vital to the base of Manufacturing Progressive Sciences. Later, during the invasion of Leohart's Cult, Michael worked with Ara and send minor nuns to Ara's lair, very much against the nuns' will. He also silently agreed with Ara's actions to make Katarina wear nun's habit and humiliate her. It again proved that Michael was selfish and heinous, as he was faking himself as a hero while he cannot hide his true twisted personality anymore, and often he was even tired of pretending.Even so, Michael maintained a genuine respect towards Moloch, Leohart and Ara, whom he knew it was his potential allies as well as stronger demons from Hell. He also showed some respect towards Katarina, Kyouko as well as Maria Arzonia deep in his heart. In the end, however, none of those would justify the fact that Michael had killed countless people and tried to raise hell upon Earth by participating World War III.
It was made clear that Michael was aware of the existence of Scathach's Illuminati Cult, also known as the Order of Terror, and Michael claimed that he never needed strings like many others that was manipulated. All he wanted was to smash the whole world into pieces, not caring if he was working with the so-called New World Order or not. In fact, after the destruction of Catholic Church, if Diabla did not betray Michael, Michael would betray her and fought against the Order of Terror in order to make this New World Order completely destroyed. It was implied that Michael would one day betray Moloch as well if he was not defeated by the members from Team Witness.
According to Eve Fullbuster after 5 billions of years, Michael's influence of his soul had bind itself with death and chaos themselves, and as long as there were any mind of chaos inside humanity, no matter if it was shown or not, Michael would always be "alive". The presence & long-lasting effects of Michael's Legion is the greatest proof of this horrid posthumous effect.
Future MichaelLike his past timeline counterpart, the Future Michael of Astaroth is extremely ruthless and sadistic, seen when he kills Future Ichabod, along with the vast majority of the Future Team Witness as well as Future Hexenmeisters, believing it to be "justice". During his short battle in the present timeline, Future Michael seems to enjoy the pain Matt Butcher inflicts on him in their battle, suggesting a masochistic side, which disturbs Matt. During his fight with Matt, he showed a sense of brutality as he savagely fractured Matt's arm and shoots a barrage of acidic blood blasts at his defenseless opponent.
However, Future Michael also seems to share a few traits with Katarina Couteau, namely his desire to fight strong opponents and love of battle, even going as far as holding his full power back in order to further enjoy a fight. Future Michael also shares Ichabod Crane's sense of determination, vowing to find Matt and Maria as they escaped from him.
After meeting his past self, this version of Michael has truly fallen into the depths of evil, speaking of all "mere mortals" as inferior to him. Like his other counterpart, he has a sadistic goal of spreading chaos around the world, raising Hell on Earth, but the Future Michael spoke was even more like a devilish slave-driver against the rebellion inside the Astaroth Empire. While battling Selina Strawberry and Future Maria Arzonia, the Future Michael constantly speaks about how Maria's rebellion was futile since the history has already stop progressing in the Rise of Qliphoth era and everyone serving Ara are comfortable inside the world until Maria's rebellion breaks their solace.Despite looking down on rebels as arrogant moths that flies towards fire, Future Michael is not that arrogant to overly underestimate his opponents. After seeing Maria perform the Awakening Ability on him to nearly burned him away, Future Michael openly admitted that their opponents were a true danger to his and his past self's plans.
Michael is also shown to have compassion but is usually directed to his loyal followers as well as his past self after persuading him to join the cause. Future Michael shows extreme care and concern to his past self when he is being beaten and pushed back by his opponent, intentionally taking a blow that would normally severely injure or kill him (albeit he can afford to be reckless due to his immortality).
Not only on his past self, Michael also cares about those who are potentially powerful. Despite being cruel and sadistic, Michael did showed genuine protective nature on Mashvera, the son of Ara and Zelkron (CM) who was later becoming Tomas Sev. When he found Zelkron tried to use Tomas as a test subject, Michael was furious as he tries to make Tomas his student and teach him everything he knows so that he could grow up to become a respectful knight. Michael also dislike Vira for her failed assassination attempt against the young Mashvera when he was just an infant.Despite essentially being the same as his past counterpart, Future Michael has two key character traits that differ from his past counterpart. As the original Michael never met Darth Hades before teaming up with his future counterpart, he never developed an obsession/hatred of Sith his future counterpart had. However, like his past counterpart, he considers killing Katarina as something only he should do. Also, he is fully confident in his strength coupled by his immortality, reveling in and referring to it as befitting him. This is a stark contrast to the past Michael who scoffs at immortality and desires greater strength through fighting.
Also, Future Michael was also shown to be fully aware of the Idea of Evil's existence and expresses concern about the possibility of his finding out regarding his plans and the ramifications of this. Like his past counterpart, Future Michael kept himself away from B1-Killer Kampfdroide Unit-CM 130 who was also serving Ara as its lead scientist, not minding the fact that Ara was falling in love with CM.
Zodiac Nether Host
Final Battle: Michael vs. All Heroes in Team Witness
The Cranes Arc
- Michael VS. Hypnos
- Michael VS. Kristoph
- Michael VS. Elsa
The Corbin Files
- Michael VS. Swiss Guards
- Michael VS. Sonia
- Michael & Horsemen VS. Alfred Knapp
- Michael VS. Kyouko & Katarina
- Michael (Rampage) & Serilda VS. Abbie & Ichabod
- Michael (Rampage) VS. Team Witness
- Michael (Rampage) VS. Katarina
- Michael (Rampage) VS. Ichabod
- Michael VS. Ultimate Despair
- Michael VS. Peko Pekoyama
- Michael VS. Nekomaru Nidai
- Michael VS. Akane Owari
- Michael VS. Carl Robinson
Firenza Junior Spin-Off
- Michael VS. Carl
- Michael VS. Maria
Leohart's Cult Arc
- Michael VS. Sforza
- Michael VS. Kyouko
- Michael VS. Diabla
- Michael VS. Madness
- Michael VS. The Fallen's Essence
Battle for Earth Arc
- Michael VS. Diabla Bodiless Form
- Michael VS. Maria Arzonia
- Michael VS. Matt Butcher
- Michael VS. Katarina Couteau
- Michael VS. Imperia Deamonne
- Michael VS. Elsa
- Michael VS. Fire Elsa
- Michael VS. Will of the Grand Grimoire
- Michael VS. Matt
- Michael VS. Anna
- Michael VS. Maria
- Michael VS. Ingrid
- Michael VS. PandoraMi
Elemental Evil Saga
LOTM: Los Reina de Corazones
- Future Michael VS. Future CM / Zelkron - Interrupted
- Future Michael VS. Future Selina
- Future Michael VS. Future Albert
- Future Michael VS. Maria (spirit)
- Future Michael VS. Future Maria (spirit)
- Future Michael VS. Matt
- Future Michael VS. Katarina
- Future Michael VS. Jellal
- Future Michael VS. The Rogue
- Future Michael VS. Eugen (spirit)
- Future Michael VS. Kamina (spirit)
- Future Michael VS. Shigure
- Future Michael VS. Kotori
- Future Michael VS. Villian
- Future Michael VS. Stiyl Magnus
- Future Michael VS. Azul
- Fusion Michael VS. The Rogues
- Michael VS. Leohart's slaves (in Hell) - Endless struggle as his punishment
- Legion VS. Team Witness
- Legion VS. Prime Reaper AI-78
- Legion VS. Eve Fullbuster
- Legion VS. Reality Council
Battle Phases in The Corbin Files
The Battle between Michael and the Team Witness were divided into three phases in LOTM: Crossover - The Corbin Files which had symbolized an important detail in The Divine Comedy by Dante - a three-headed Satan trapped at the deepest pit of Hell.In Dante’s Inferno, Satan is portrayed as a giant demon, frozen mid-breast in ice at the center of Hell. Satan has three faces and a pair of bat-like wings affixed under each chin. As Satan beats his wings, he creates a cold wind that continues to freeze the ice surrounding him and the other sinners in the Ninth Circle. The winds he creates are felt throughout the other circles of Hell. In his three mouths, he chews on Judas, Brutus, and Cassius.
Scholars consider Satan to be “a once splendid being (indeed the most perfect of God’s creatures) from whom all personality has now drained away.” Satan, also known as Lucifer, was formerly the Angel of Light and once tried to usurp the power of God. As punishment, God banished Satan out of Heaven to an eternity in Hell as the ultimate sinner. Dante illustrates a less powerful Satan than most standard depictions; he is slobbering, wordless, and receives the same punishments in Hell as the rest of the sinners. In the text, Dante vividly illustrates Satan’s grotesque physical attributes.
"The Emperor of the kingdom dolorous / From his mid-breast forth issued from the ice; /And better with a giant I compare / Than do the giants with those arms of his; / Consider now how great must be that whole, / Which unto such a part conforms itself. / Were he as fair once, as he now is foul, / And lifted up his brow against his Maker, / Well may proceed from him all tribulation. / O, what a marvel it appeared to me, / When I beheld three faces on his head! / The one in front, and that vermilion was; Two were the others, that were joined with this / Above the middle part of either shoulder, And they were joined together at the crest; / And the right-hand one seemed 'twixt white and yellow; / The left was such to look upon as those / Who come from where the Nile falls valley-ward."
The faces of Satan (in the color of vermilion, yellow and dark) represent the evil that oppose the good quality of love. Those evil qualities are mainly referred to hatred, powerless and ignorance. Those three evil qualities also presented in each phase of the battle against Michael respectively and to different degrees. Also, it somehow forms a pun since the word "phase" pronounced very similar with "face".
- Phase 1: Ignorance.
- Michael wore a dark hood before the battle and a dark suit during the battle, showing his Blood Moon Wicked Standard Form, and before he withdrew the battle phase, he kept teasing and taunting Katarina as well. He also teased Sonia and Kyouko in their mind, highlighting their unawareness of his invisible presence during their investigation, and it implied that to be a clue of ignorance. Michael tried to use it to break Sonia's mind as well, showing his superiority of knowledge as well as wisdom among her.
- Phase 2: Powerless.
- The second phase, which was more disturbing than the first one, was meant to weaken the Team Witness and it was more obvious in the climax of battle. The face of Rentaro went sallow when he arrived in Michael's illusion's world, hinting he was afraid since it was caused by the sudden fear that Michael poured into his heart. In his shadow form presented by the battle, Michael was gigantic, and his eyes also glowed in a shade of yellow. Aside from the color, Michael manipulate his enemies' fear and love as something to weaken their strength and will power, so that he could break their mind and swallow them into the darkness, preventing them from stopping the Horseman. He also tried to weaken their will power by threatening them with a twisted choice - between oblivion or alive to see their beloved people or greatest fear to become one with the Legion and torn the world apart.
- Phase 3: Hatred.
- The most savage and disturbing battle is the final phase of the battle against Michael, since Michael was fought in his rampage form and already lost his sanity. Suffering from a disturbing breakdown, the vermilion blood of Michael began savagely attack Team Witness. This battle phase is the only battle phase that Michael did not just try to destroy Team Witness mentally, but also physically and swallowed them in his flesh and blood made of hate itself, making the phase more dangerous for Katarina and Ichabod. The infinite blood monsters Michael produced also symbolized the hatred in his heart had now went no bounds, and the body parts of Michael (eyes, hands and faces) of Michael also attack his enemies personally and directly, all in a spite of hate. Michael even shouted out his hatred to Katarina and her friends to express it, outright declared his own hate. Interestingly, unlike the symbols of first two phases that Michael tried to reveal from his enemies' heart, the symbol of the final battle is exactly within the heart of Michael himself.
All personal information of Michael, such as his hobbies, his favorite things, etc
- Favorite colors:
- Red, gold, silver, green, black and white
- Favorite foods:
- Nearly all kinds of foods, especially French cuisine, Beijing snacks and Cantonese cuisine, but despised spicy food very much
- Favorite cloths:
- Papal attire, military suites and Green Meanie costume
- Favorite hobbies:
- Extending his own knowledge, reading, conquesting the world, splitting his souls to corrupt people, raising Hell on Earth, destroying the old order to build his new order of dystopia, raising chaos for chaos' sake, arson, drowning, spreading dictatorship, deception, teasing others, pretend to be sane (good at it), listening to classical music, listening to some specific pop music, listening to opera, torture his opponents in cruel ways, crossing Moral Event Horizons, poisoning
- Favorite allies:
- Moloch, The Fallen's Essence, Carissa, Ancitif, Melancholia (former lover), Lidvia Lorenzetti, Corrupted Hypnos, Atticus Nevins, Theo Galavan, the Devil himself, Emperor Tathagata Killer, Serilda of Abaddon, the Headless Horseman, Terra of the Left, Ara Astaroth, Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Black Fairy, Gideon, the Dark Swan
- Favorite enemies:
- Ara Astaroth (rival), Katarina Couteau, La Folia Rihavein, Acqua of the Back, Carl Robinson, Ichabod Crane, August Corbin, Maria Arzonia, Sister Mary Eunice, Vanifer, Aerisi Kalinoth, Reverend Alfred Knapp, Diabla the Qliphoth Tyrant, Sonia Nevermind, Kyouko Kirigiri, the Ghost Rider, Elsa the Snow Queen, Prime Reaper AI-78, Eve Fullbuster, Echidna StinWalker, Plaisir
- Time travel, history alteration, ruling Catholic Church, Crusades, fanaticism, cult of personality, despair, pain, suffering, faithless, blasphemy, chaos, Stalinism, hypocrisy, Nazism, Fascism, the suffering of heroes, war, death, conquest, famine, poverty, corruption, Satanism, dark magic, arts, cultural things, disharmony, carnage, torture, slavery, imperialism, feudalism, Dark Ages, cunning people, explore, lies, dystopia, conflicts, manipulations, darkness, tears, sadness, screams, fear, incrimination, singing and dancing, the Hell itself, militarism
- Devil worshiping under the shell of his own Fallen Catholic Church
- Rules, prank, bullies, harvest, spoiled children, homosexuals, abortion, fame-seekers, angels, God, hope, love, prostitutes, socialism, communism, Maoism, heaven, light, heat, being hated, sick jokes, harmony, Catholics, utopia, empathy, Orthodox clergies, Protestants, Christians, Muslims, Jews, Third World, gold diggers, spicy foods, saved souls, peace, simple-minded villains, children, all life, greedy people, egotists who kept bragging themselves, mad robots
- Political types:
- Imperialism, Nazism and Fascism
- Favorite musics:
- Opera, orchestra and Gothic music that pleased him
- 24 (in 2036)
- Hated allies:
- Hated enemies:
- B1-Killer Kampfdroide Unit-CM 130, Laura Stuart, Erza Mills, Grace Dixon, Darth Hades, Malice Do'Urden, Aryana Westcott, Fiamma of the Right, Jeremy Crane, Abbie Mills, Jenny Mills, Katrina Crane, God himself, Pandora, Betsy Ross, the Hidden One, Jasmine Porcelain, Zadkiel, Diana Thomas, Molly Thomas / Lara, Valindra Shadowmantle, Emperor Mateus, Biagio Busoni, Pietro Yogdis
- The Grand Grimoire - The black magic book written by the infamous English occultist, John Dee, and contained several spells including the Traveler's Spell and the Spell of Resurrection.
- Even though it could unleash its horrendous power, the Grand Grimoire could not unleash its full power since there are some very few pages missing at a point of time before 2036. These pages will be later retrieved by Michael during his time in Sleepy Hollow from Corbin's files during Conquest Arc took place.
- Blood Moon Wicked Pendant - The pendant was formerly worn by Serilda, which will grant its owner demonic power and mutation if it was tainted by its owner's blood. At some point, Moloch gave the pendant to Michael after they made their deal. After Micheal was wounded, the pendant permanently merged with him, making him to turn into the full Blood Moon Wicked Rampage and damaged his mental state severely.
- Poisonous Darts - Michael used Mikan Tsumiki's toxic and brilliance to make her produce some kind of new toxin to make its victims decay instantly and released toxic fumes, causing great amount of causalities in the area. Michael killed many KnightWalker officers and Novosic soldiers by using this, and he also killed some Anglican nuns he captured in his Neo Inquisition prison.
Artifacts of the Past
- Darkness Equals Dignity - Michael's own biography, covering his life, his childhood, his adulthood, his "adventures" as well as all his ways of climbing towards the peak of his glory, in a form very much similar to Adolf Hitler's infamous Mein Kampf.
- Laws of the United Kingdom of America (UKA Version only) - The "law book" for the United Kingdom of America which runs smoothly for the rulers of the world, for Moloch as the King and Dreyfuss as "President of the United States" on Prime Earth. Michael could change the law all the time, and many of the so-called laws support crimes of demons and chaos around the Multi-Universe, in order to fuel his own force with chaos and distress.
- Defense Culpability Act - The Defense Culpability Act was a law enacted by Michael. The act was as follows: "In the name of His Majesty, those who would support criminals, including defense attorneys, will be deemed just as guilty."
- Religious Culpability Act - Purge any religions who oppose pure Satanism, made for Ara and/or Moloch's dark rule.
- Magic is the Might - Michael's work to spread jingoism as well as the pure-blood demons supremacy and oppress those people who are not warlocks or don't believe in magic.
- Freedom For the Purge - A pack of brochures to encourage people kill each other to gain fame, and it eventually brought down the resistance rose by Jenny Mills and Jake Wells.
- Accurate memories
- Soul splitting - Michael could split his souls indefinitely to control living and the dead, corrupting their soul and granting them a fate worse than death of becoming one with the Legion.
- Paradise Lost - Launches the opponent high into the air with a wild dance of blows, then holds their limbs fixed as it drives them back into the ground.
- Ultimate Sacrifice - Produces a three-dimensional magic circle as a glowing orb of holiness and evilness and confines the opponent within, where it has a 50/50 chance of being either completely annihilated, or suffering great damage.
- Haemokinetic Powers - Upon gaining powers from Blood Moon Wicked, Michael could use many kinds of Blood Magic, and he preferred to combine Blood with high temperature since it is more destructive. In his standard form, this will never harm himself or his clothes even if his body temperature will be very high when unleashing this power.
- Boiling Blood - Michael could make the blood within his enemy to boil and thus killing them by it. However, he did not use this on Katarina since he would not like to kill her quite so suddenly.
- Flammable Blood - When Michael cut his palm and made his blood flow, he made his blood burn as he wished and he threw the fire balls made by his flammable blood to Katarina and Kyouko during their first phase of fight in Trinity Church.
- Acidic Blood - The body of Blood Moon Wicked - S, the red eyes of Blood Moon Wicked Clones and the eyes of Blood Moon Wicked - M can spray acidic blood when burst, and the explosion could push the enemy away. Also, the enemy will suffer damage from acidic blood.
- Blood Vortex Creation - Michael generates vortexes composed of blood. The vortex can be projected as a long ranged attack or as a tornado of blood for both offensive and defensive purposes.
- Blood Armor - Michael can form armor around their body or a shape it from organic material for protection and physical boost. With training by himself, he could shape the armor into new forms for weapons, chains, transportation, even constructs of the element.
- Blood Creatures Creation - Michael could create demonic creatures with his blood. In his rampage mode, Michael could even made the clones of him out from his hot blood.
- Blood Generation - Michael can infinitely generate blood, whether by drawing from already existing blood (his, others or separate from the bodies), or by manifesting it from anywhere he wants.
Fusion Power 1 - The Blackness
Fusion Power 2 - Zodiac Demon
Fusion Power 3 - Dark CurseAfter summoning the Dark Curse and transformed Captain Hook into a Dark One, Michael is able to take over Hook's body and use the power of Darkness, becoming a Dark One himself. He also replaced Nimue as the new leader of the Dark One. As the Dark One's new leader, Michael assisted the Black Fairy in destroying the town of Storybrooke, while killing Mr. Gold and Emma Swan in order to prevent them from helping Ichabod to fix the contaminated Enchanted Forest. After enhancing himself with the Darkness, Michael's power became much more severe, being able to destroy Evil Queen and Regina Mills at the same time when they teamed up in order to stop the Black Fairy.
- Gift of Darkness - Summons a damaging storm of darkness.
- Terrible Dance - Attacks with a graceful roundhouse kick.
- Tide of Despair - Exhales a flame of destruction which purifies everything.
- Divine Atonement - Fires a light of annihilation from the papal staff.
- Wrath of Darkness - Uses the papal staff to emit a ray of destruction.
- Bloodlust Aura - Michael can project an aura of killing intent and bloodlust, including aggression and brutality. The effect may be caused by purely physical or mental means, or a combination of both. This can make allies blood-thirsting and better killings.
Fusion Power 4 - Horseman of War
Michael transformed into the new Horseman of War at Anti-Christ Saga with the help of Hubert Zodiak, who uncovered the Turricula Ignis which could transform human into the Horseman of War, if the War is lack of a human host. After gaining the power of War by shooting himself with Turricula Ignis, Michael became the new Horseman of War and could control, even wear the Armor of War himself and wield the Sword of Fire, War's signature weapon. Michael managed to use the power of Horseman and Sorensen Crystal at the same time. The Horseman Armor was eventually destroyed so that Plaisir could take out Michael's Sorensen Crystal, but it costed Abbie Mills' life to destroy Michael's Horseman Armor using one of the Delilah's Daggers.
- Durability: The armor was quite durable enough to withstand multiple gunshots from a shotgun. However, the armor proved vulnerable to the magical properties of the Sword of Methuselah, as the sword was able to slice off one of the arms and then reduce the rest of the armor to a puddle of molten metal after being impaled. The armor would also be harmed by Delilah's Dagger
- Sword of Fire: The armor could ignite the blade of its sword at will to possibly to cauterize as well as cut through enemies or obstacles in its path.
- Restoration: When the armor is destroyed, it will be restored when the Horseman of War finds a new vessel.
- Deadly Roll - Attacks with a graceful roundhouse kick of magic.
- Dimension Slasher - Summons sharp claws that can pierce dimensional walls to attack.
|Michael Langdon / Nether Sorenson the Demon Prince||
|Leohart the Prince of Hell||
|The Fallen (Isaac Westcott)||
During his second confrontation with Team Witness when they confronted in the illusion world he created, Michael presented his Blood Moon Wicked Standard Form at first, but then he turned into a gigantic and shadowy monster while maintaining his human shape. In this form, Michael presented a prototype of his Legion Form by creating false illusions in the forms of many deceased or presumed deceased individuals, like Eugen Katsuragi, August Corbin, Jin Kirigiri, Alfred Knapp, Katrina Crane and Mary Wells, that were all nothing but puppets controlled by his mind.
When Team Witnesses saw through Michael's lies, Michael turned into a shadowy dome that swallowed nearly everyone, but Katarina had met the soul of Maria Arzonia in her mind palace. With the help of Maria's soul, Katarina managed to regained her confidence and encouraged everyone before breaking Michael's dome of shadows. Michael attempted to tempt people to giving up, people began to fight back after inspired by Katarina's word and Sister Mary Eunice managed to break a hole on Michael's shadow form, releasing numerous demonic spirits as the form was destroyed for now, revealing Michael's true body which was human-sized.
Blood Moon Wicked - StandardBeing the most human-like form in Micheal's Blood Moon Wicked Forms, Michael's Blood Moon Standard Form is Michael's true body during Ichabod & Abbie's struggle with Serilda and Katarina and her friends tried to run away from Michael's attack.
Micheal took this form after brushing a little of his blood on the Blood Moon Wicked pendant. In this form, Michael becomes a white-haired man with black suit and surrounded by blood-stained chains, and he can sink or surface from the pool of blood as he wish, so that he can teleport himself within the blood pool he made.
The form's major weakness has two: One with the heat/fire and another concerned with Michael's puppet, Serilda, as Michael will feel the pain that Serilda felt. After Ichabod and Abbie ignited the dynamites within the tunnel which killed Serilda for the second and final time, Michael's standard Blood Moon Wicked Form sunk into the pool of blood and distorted / regenerated into Blood Moon Wicked - M.
After Michael's apparent defeat, however, he managed to restore his standard form and returned back to Vatican to announce his papacy.
Blood Moon Wicked Rampage - Non-standard
Blood Moon Wicked - S (blood demon clones)The Blood Moon Wicked - S is the smallest type of Blood Moon Wicked's non-standard form (aka Rampage Mode) and the only type that can be destroyed with conventional firearms, though it takes quite a while. They appear as gooey versions of Michael's human form, and do not attack directly. Instead, they periodically grow boils full of acidic blood on their bodies, which burst when an opponent gets too near or when they are shot. They are incredibly resilient to damage and will continue to attack even when reduced to a head and lower torso. The best way to get rid of them is to weaken them with fire to the arms, head and upper torso, then get the resulting walking legs to kneel to open them up for a melee attack. It is worth noting that these blood demonic manifestations cannot be permanently destroyed. They simply melt into the red goo that constitutes them and are absorbed back into Michael's body.
It is also worth noting that there are even smaller variants of Blood Moon Wicked which appear as three red eyes on a nodule. These are destroyed in a single hit. However, being too close to them can result in damage, as the eyes are filled with acidic blood.
Blood Moon Wicked - MThe Blood Moon Wicked - M is a bizarre manifestation that appears as Micheal's spreading blood rapidly takes over the underground tunnel. It shows up in two forms: either a mass of arms growing out of the wall or a smiling Michael face with twitching eyes.
The arms are little more than a nuisance and will slow his enemies down, but when coupled with a Face Michael they become exceedingly dangerous, as they will hold Katarina in place while the Face Michael devours her when comes closer to her
The face is both disturbing and dangerous, as when it is approached it will quickly split into a three-lobed maw and chomp at the nearest threat. This can be prevented with constant gunfire, which will make it flinch, but it cannot be destroyed unless lightening a gunpowder barrel beside it.
Blood Moon Wicked - LAfter Serilda's final destruction when Ichabod ignited some of the dynamites within the tunnel, Michael suffered from the sheer injury from Serilda's body that caused him great pain, and that also distorted his true body (standard form) and make it sink into the blood pool out of his will. However, this is not an end, since Micheal's true body will distorted into a gigantic face known as Blood Moon Wicked - L that blocked Ichabod and his friend's way of escaping. This is Michael's one of the strongest forms and also the most disturbing form yet. It seems to be a direct manifestation of Anti-Christ itself, created to confront the Team Witness personally.
In this form, Michael lost his composure once and for all, yelling that he hated Team Witness and would kill them, and his sheer insanity can never be reverse even after this form was destroyed. In this form, Michael had finally revealed his heart of madness under his handsome face and benevolent mask, revealing his true self as nothing but a insane, emotional and angry monster. It cannot be destroyed by conventional gunfire, this will only cause temporary damage that will quickly heal. It attacks by creating Blood Moon Wicked - S troops and by over-inflating its eyes with blood, which burst and spray acid in a wide radius.
In this form Micheal is nigh invincible, but the thinness of his distorted body proves to be his downfall when Katarina strikes a hole in his face with the Spear of Virtue (heated) and Ichabod destroys the remaining dynamites behind him with the old crossbow with fire arrows, breaking the monstrous face apart, burning and shattering the rest of Micheal's blood-stained flesh, and ending Michael's insanity for a while.
After this form was destroyed, Michael's bodiless soul managed to cheat Leohart once again and retreat back to 2036 while regenerating his flesh, turning back into his standard Blood Moon Wicked Form, but not before vowing revenge on Katarina.
Sorensen Form - Final Fusion Form
Humans are very social creatures, we enjoy being around each other a great deal. Our friends, our family, our lovers, our coworkers, are all sources of wholesome fun. If you're not into that sort of thing, well, there's something wrong with you. Or not.
But what happens when you go just a bit too far, become more and more of other people while less and less of yourself? Can you go so far that there's nothing left of you at all? If this sounds like you, then your name may just be Legion.
"The dying is painful... The transition is not an enjoyable experience, but the suffering is a small price to pay... for eternal life."
Michael Langdon's Legion (also known as Moloch's Zealots, Michael Clones and Zillions Souls in One) is one of the secondary main antagonistic factions of LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow - Moloch Saga (Final Saga) and the right-hand faction of the United Kingdom of America, Moloch's Dark Empire in an alternate world.
They took form after the end of Anti-Christ Saga, when Michael Langdon split his soul into zillions of pieces in an attempt to trigger more tragedies after being defeated and sent to Hell, forming numerous demonic ghosts that can possess people and influenced the Saga 6-13 of the whole story, all towards the end.
The ghosts spreads themselves all over Multi-Universe like virus and kept corrupting people like spreading infectious disease, but many of them remain in Earth and time & space in order to harm every Michael's enemy and possess their close friends. They even have ability to harm saved souls. The demonic ghosts were all controlled by Michael, who watched everything while being tortured in the seventh floor of Hell, and continue assisting Moloch to destroy Team Witness, keep breaching realities, changing history and even secretly trying to outrank Moloch and enslave the whole Multi-Universe.
Because his major soul was in Hell, Michael did not took the position of the Pope of Fallen Roman Catholic Church back through his Legion, but he had figured out that the current Pope (under Deus.Ex.Machina Industries Empire's control) is a revived Theo Galavan and the "Lord Dumas" supporting him as the Arch Cardinal is Aya Tokoyogi. Therefore, after Darth Hades' defeat, some of the Legion had possessed many minor DEM soldiers as well in order to strike back at Katarina, while in 2020 (the last year of Witnesses' Age of Tribulations), Michael possessed many friends of Ichabod Crane.
After the final battle of humanity and saved souls against Moloch (after Sith Empire's defeat and before Triggers Hell Saga in New Timeline), the remaining fragment ghosts of Michael retreated into darkness right after Moloch's defeat, but they are still waiting for the chance for them to strike back again and waiting to continue Michael Langdon's endless madness. Other than those D.E.M. soldiers he possessed, Michael did not possess or corrupt more people after Moloch's defeat. He awaits for the chance for him to strike back from Hell...
Legion Form's Overview
"Then Jesus asked him, "What is your name?" And he replied, "My name is Legion, for we are many.""
The earliest version of this story concerned "Legion" exists in the Gospel of Mark, described as taking place in "the country of the Gerasenes". Jesus encounters a possessed man, and calls on the demon to emerge, demanding to know its name – an important element of traditional exorcism practice. He finds the man is possessed by a multitude of demons, who give the collective name of "Legion". Fearing he will drive them out of the world and into the abyss, they beg him instead to send them into a herd of pigs, which he does. The pigs then rush into the Lake and are drowned. (Mark 5:1–13)
This story is repeated in the other Synoptic Gospels. The Gospel of Luke shortens it but retains most of the details. (Luke 8:26–33) The Gospel of Matthew shortens it more dramatically, changes the possessed man to two men (a particular stylistic device of this writer) and changes the location to "the country of the Gadarenes". This is probably because the author was aware that Gerasa is actually around 50 km away from the Sea of Galilee (although Gadara is still 10 km distant). In this version, the demons are unnamed.
"Soon, the entire fragile shell of this freakish time... and this filthy society... will COLLAPSE!!! After that, do you people know what will left in this world? Hehehe... hehehehe... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! HAHA! HAHA! NOTHING!!! HELL WILL RISE, AND CHAOS WILL REIGN!!!!! AND I, MICHAEL LANGDON, WILL BE THE KING OF A NEW WORLD!!!!!"
Moloch's Music Box - A vengeance against Ichabod
"I expected to take some damage from him. Any worthy opponent is going to inflict injury. If he doesn't, he's not worth troubling with. Let a few monsters be destroyed. Let Crane think he's getting the best of me. As long as he believes he's succeeding, I have him in my grasp. And as long as I hold him, the more vulnerable he becomes to the unfathomable power of the dark side. Think what he'll do when he is fully mine, when he is working for the Empire, working to help us win!"
List of false illusions
In LOTM: Crossover - The Corbin Files, Michael (in his shadow form) produced numerous demonic shadows that pretended to be people related to his enemies to tempted them or torment them, while claiming these to be prototypes of his Legion shadows. Notable individuals / creatures that the Legion shadows impersonated included:
- August Corbin
- Katrina Crane
- Reverend Knapp
- Tama Sakai
- Sonia Nevermind's victims
- Jin Kirigiri
- Eugen Katsuragi
- Poison Ivy's shattered plants
- Dr. Frankenstein
- Sister Jude
List of known possessed people
- Diana Thomas (cleansed)
- Lady Crane's corpse (destroyed)
- Balthus Van Tassel's corpse (destroyed)
- Daniel Reynolds (completely infected; destroyed)
- Sophie Turner (completely infected; destroyed)
- Every members of Wild Card (completely infected; destroyed)
- Erza Mills (cleansed)
- Elsa the Snow Queen (cleansed)
- Cynthia Irving (cleansed)
- Calvin Riggs (completely infected; destroyed)
- Molly Thomas (cleansed)
- Atticus Nevins (completely infected; destroyed)
- Malcom Dreyfuss (completely infected; destroyed)
- Jenny Mills (cleansed)
- Ichabod Crane (cleansed)
Only a Spirit Guide (Saved Souls) & a white witch can save the possessed victims and banish Michael's soul fragments into nothingness if they arrived in time before Michael's soul fragments completely taking their victims over. If a victim was fully corrupted and possessed by Michael, the only way to save them will be destroying them, even their corpse shall be reduced to ashes.
- The Devil
Companions - Before the War of Anti-Christ
- The Fallen's Essence (formerly)
- Eckidina KnightWalker (formerly)
- Misogi Kugawama (formerly)
- Sonia Nevermind (deceived; formerly)
- Junko Enoshima
- Ultimate Despair (formerly)
- Melancholia (deceived; formerly)
- Emperor Tathagata Killer
- King Hamdo
- Terra of the Left
- Katarina Couteau (deceived; formerly)
- La Folia Rihavein (deceived; formerly)
- August Corbin (deceived; formerly)
- Reverend Alfred Knapp (deceived; formerly)
- Sister Mary Eunice (deceived; formerly)
- Mana Takamiya (deceived; formerly)
- Asuha Chigusa (deceived; formerly)
- Adam Frankenstein (deceived; formerly)
- Acqua of the Back (deceived; formerly)
- Poison Ivy (deceived; formerly)
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- Lady Van Tassel
- Serilda of Abaddon
- Ara Astaroth
Servants - Before the War of Anti-Christ
Most of the Catholic servants, cardinals as well as priests are brainwashed. Only few of them still had their free will and was willingly to support Michael as the Pope.
- Carissa (brainwashed)
- Vento of the Front (brainwashed; formerly)
- Fiamma of the Right (brainwashed; formerly)
- Lidvia Lorrenzetti (brainwashed; formerly)
- Biagio Busoni (brainwashed; formerly)
- Aleister Crowley (brainwashed)
- Paula Souwauski
- Francesco di Medici
- Katherine Sforza (betrayed)
- Petros Orsini
- Melancholia (leader)
- Plaisir - Defected
- Esther Blanchett - Defected
- Mary Spencer - Posthumously defected
- Sister Kate Scott - Defected
- Mahiru Banba - Defected
- Shinya Banba - Abandoned
- Sumireko Hanabusa - Defected
- Nio Hashiri
- Petros Orsini - Defected
- Antonio Borgia - Abandoned
- Abel Nightroad - Defected
- Cain Knightlord
- Kouko Kaminara
- Carl Robinson - Defected
- Guinevere Arzonia
- Seth Nightroad - Defected
- Hitsugi Kirigaya
- Celestia Ludenberg - Unofficially
During War of the Anti-Christ
- Nether Sorensen the Demon Prince
- Plaisir / Melancholia - Defected
- Nether Plaisir - Spy
- Rodrigo Borgia †
- Kill Billie Dean Howard (succeeded)
- Become a companion of Moloch (succeeded)
- Become a warmonger in World War III (succeeded)
- Capture Hypnos (succeeded)
- Frame La Folia Rihavein (failed)
- Make La Folia return to the world's attention, including Aldegyr Kingdom (completed by the Fallen)
- Manipulate Dr. Frankenstein, Aerisi Kalinoth and Eckidina to make experimental monsters (succeeded)
- Kill Dr. Frankenstein (succeeded)
- Become a "noble" man with good publicity (succeeded)
- Manipulate Ultimate Despair (completed)
- Force Sonia Nevermind to do his work forever (failed)
- Brainwash the vital people in Catholic Church (succeeded)
- Frame Acqua of the Back for a murder (failed)
- Light up English Civil War (succeeded)
- Destroy Sky Bus 365 and capture Rentaro Satomi (failed)
- Get the Grand Grimoire (succeeded)
- Become the Pope (succeeded)
- Wage war in Europe behind the curtain (succeeded)
- Make Carissa usurp the British Throne (failed)
- Outrank Eckidina KnightWalker in his plan (succeeded)
- Absorb with the Blood Moon Wicked and become supreme (indirectly succeeded)
- Kill Katarina Couteau (failed)
- Kill Junko Enoshima (failed)
- Kill Ichabod Crane (failed)
- Kill Sonia Nevermind (failed)
- Kill La Folia Rihavein (failed)
- Banish Sister Mary Eunice to Hell (failed)
- Summon the Horseman of Death to kill Corbin (succeeded)
- Force Kyouko to kill Sonia via manipulating Terra (failed)
- Killed Matthai Reese (via Terra; completed)
- Fake his own suffer from attack to win support (succeded)
- Create a New Timeline by reversing Moloch's death under Henry Parrish's hand (succeeded)
- Kill Rentaro Satomi (failed)
- Give outsiders false illusions of being brainwashed by Crowley (succeeded)
- Watch Eckidina and Katarina's fight while maintain his own power stabilized (succeeded)
- Manipulate the war and outrank the KnightWalker Family (sort of completed)
- Prevent Fallen Roman Catholic Church falls apart from World War III (succeeded)
- Waiting for Eckidina's transformation into Diabla so that he can control her again without realizing the following consequence. (Eckidina transformed into Diabla, but Michael cannot control her anymore)
- Michael had foreseen the transformation of Eckidina into Diabla via a vision, but he cannot foresee the existence of Fallen and his participate of this plot since at that time, he was unaware of Balam Alliance at that time.
- Manipulate the Order of Terror (failed)
- Kill Aleister Crowley (completed)
- Destroy Orthodox Church (completed)
- Purge the "heathens" within Vatican alongside the Order of Terror (completed)
- Strengthen his omnipotence (succeeded)
- Acknowledge the major mastermind behind the Order of Terror (succeeded)
- Acknowledge the Balam Alliance (succeeded)
- Acknowledge Deus.Ex.Machina Industries (succeeded)
- Acknowledge Sith Empire (succeeded)
- Acknowledge Triggers Hell (succeeded)
- Destroy Novosic Kingdom (completed)
- Indirectly benefit himself by devouring humanity's fear from the impact caused by Diabla's crimes (completed)
- Defeat Diabla when he realize that her power is far beyond his imagination (completed)
- Regain the Christian World's trust (succeeded)
- Survive World War III (succeeded)
- Making false illusions of being redeemed while planning his next move (partly succeeded; deceived everyone expect Katarina, her friends and remaining former Ultimate Despair members)
Order of Strawberry Spin-off
- Manipulate Lord Helio and Order of Florish (succeeded)
- Help Lord Helio to corrupt the former heroine, Selina Strawberry, into an insane fruit cultist leader (succeeded)
- Become the real leader of Order of Florish (succeeded)
- Strengthen his New Timeline (succeeded)
- Make Lord Helio bow to Moloch (succeeded)
- Summon the Withering Mourner in order to give power source to the Dawn's Early Light (succeeded)
- Produce the enhanced Croatoan Virus (succeeded)
- Manipulate Pedro Pineapple (succeeded)
- Kill Alex Norwood (failed)
- Kill Jake Wells (failed)
- Use the enhanced Croatoan Virus to turn Caroline, Alex's sister, into an insane Supreme Croat (completed)
- Destroy Agency 355 (failed)
- Betray Pedro Pineapple and inject him with the enhanced Croatoan Virus (completed)
- Restart the Ten Commandments Killing (failed)
- Destroy Hotel Cortez to "set free" James Patrick March (completed)
- Banish Lord Helio and take away his sun energy (completed)
- Enforce Ten Anti-Commandments to raise chaos upon Earth (failed)
- Revert the meanings of the Dawn's Early Light and transform it into some kind of destructive weapon (completed)
- Unleash the Dawn's Early Light to destroy Sleepy Hollow (failed)
- Kill Selina Strawberry for treason (completed)
- Kill Lord Helio (completed)
- Comeple his preparations of raising a full attack upon Sleepy Hollow and the world (completed)
- Manipulate the Borgias to take control of the Dark Ages (completed)
- Become one with Nether Sorenssen the Demon Prince (completed)
- Take over Rodrigo Borgia and worsen the Borgia's tyranny (completed)
- Revive Fiamma of the Right and make him his mindless puppet (completed)
- Revive Terra of the Left and make him his mindless puppet (completed)
- Revive Acqua of the Back and make him his mindless puppet (failed)
- Revive Vento of the Front and make her his mindless puppet (completed)
- Kill Rodrigo Borgia (indirectly succeeded)
- Kill Lucrezia Borgia (failed)
- Possess Fiamma of the Right and rebuild God's Right Seat (completed)
- Kill Ichabod in Fiamma's body (failed)
- Kill Cesare Borgia (indirectly succeeded)
- Kill Bruce Wayne (failed)
- Take over the Order of St. Dumas (succeeded)
- Make Azrael his vessel to destroy the entire Gotham (succeeded in taking over Azreal but failed to destroy Gotham)
- Kill James Gordon (failed)
- Kill the past Katrina Crane (failed)
- Kill the past Ichabod Crane (failed)
- Destroy Reality Council (failed)
- Overthrow Moloch's Rule after destroying the Team Witnesses for him (failed)
- Destroy Sith Empire (failed)
- Kill Darth Hades (failed; influence erased)
- Reverse the defeat of Darth Hades before killing him (failed; influence erased)
- Spread his soul fragment after his death (completed)
- Avoid himself from being wiped out for eternity (completed)
Posthumous - Legion
- Corrupt every living beings in Multi-Universe and made them his puppets once and for all (ongoing)
- Help Moloch to win the war (failed)
- Corrupt Ichabod Crane via music box (failed)
- Corrupt the Team Witness (failed)
- Escaped the Hell (completed after Leohart's demise)
"His name equals madness and chaos, and as long as there was one single spark of chaos lives inside this Multi-Universe, his fire of life shall be ignited. Do you know what that means? Michael Langdon is always around us all along, though most of us were not aware of him."
- Take over Hell itself to become its new master
- Destroy the eternal souls of Witnesses
- Kill Katarina Couteau
- Revive Fallen Roman Catholic Church
- Revive the United Kingdom of America
- Revive Triggers Hell
- Consume all of the Dark Empires and put them under the rule of Triggers Hell
- Take over the Paradise
- Help the remnants of Triggers Hell to take over the Multi-Universe
- Destroy New World Order
- Kill Eve Fullbuster
- Kill Prime Reaper AI-78
- Destroy the New Republic
- Consume Maria Arzonia's soul
- Consume Ichabod Crane's soul
- Kill Matt Butcher
Battle OST - Blood Moon Wicked VS. Katarina
Motives & ideals Nothing will Remain...
Section for villains only
Like some typical card-carrying villains in other stories, Michael is purely Chaotic Evil and is fond of bringing destruction and mayhem in the universe as his ultimate goal. Michael is a sadomasochist who even never value his own life. Despite showing fear and shock for his plan being overthrown, when death really came upon him, Michael accepted in peace, making him the only main villain in LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow (who had not redeemed) to accept his death.
By the end of LOTM: Sword of Kings Spin-Off - Rise of the Blue Haired Heroine, Michael is aware of the existence of Scathach and her rule upon the humanity, but Michael claims that he is a free spirit and will not be anyone's puppet with strings. Born to be a monster of destruction, Michael despise order and rule greatly. His true motive of bringing back Moloch and controlling the top of Catholic Church are only a small part of his true plan of bringing his era filled of oblivion upon the era, destroying New World Order, the Order of Terror and the KnightWalker Alliance once they were turning useless, before ruling a world filled with chaos as its king until the time for him to disappear. Therefore, he is destined to be enemies with the Order of Terror's leader, Diabla the Qliphoth Tyrant, as well as the entire Balam Alliance.
Michael's ultimate goal of turning everything into nothingness is the same view shared by Vizeran DeVir, the leader of Elemental Evil and a sorcerer of Elemental Void, but Michael made the void power up to eleven. He believes the true simplicity will be his own peace, and only by turning the universe into void and chaos, he can bring universe into a real peace. Michael is an embodiment of nihilism and oblivion himself, since he does not even value his own life to bring the downfall of the Multi-Universe, especially in LOTM: Destiny where he returned as La Apotastia. After using his own cult as well as Satan Cult, Michael decides to manipulate the Darkness in order to send the whole omniverse into death and void, claiming the omniverse would be his own tomb. Even when it can cause his own downfall, Michael does not care. He believes even if no one try to destroy the omniverse, the omniverse will one day burn itself, and even the Idea of Evil will disappear from existence. All he has to do is either accelerate its process, or wait patiently until the day come when the "natural death" of the universe begins with no end.
Michael's view shares similarities to some realistic theories that the universe, after billions and billions years of evolving, will eventually die out one day. Stars will turn into black holes and White Dwarves, eventually Black Dwarves, before even Black Dwarves will turn into ashes and disappeared forever in the universe. After that, the universe will fatefully stop evolving and turn into Absolute Zero, thus even the time itself will be frozen. The universe would one day become nothing but a timeless void, and Michael is apparently a fanatic supporter to the theory.
In a nutshell, Michael and his goals embody the living proverb of "Nothing last forever." He is eventually revealed to be beyond selfish, since he is even uncaring of his own life. Therefore, Michael is the only 100% nihilistic villain in LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow who wants everything - even himself - to be destroyed forever and ever.
As a "Hero"
- "Do you know? Romans don't buckle under strong pressure, and neither will I. We have seen this savage attack already. This is utterly an act of terrorism, a revenge from KnightWalkers for me foiling their plan last night, but I am not afraid of them at all. We will not be intimidated by the scum... that seek to reduce this great city of Rome to ruins."
- "To be honest, recently, I went back to New Orleans for two days since I don't know if a killer can become a Pope and I need to atone since I killed someone anyway. However, after knowing Junko had turned out to be alive and Katarina and her friends had disappeared, I went back immediately and helped the Church in searching Katarina and pursuing Junko. I did not declare my candidacy officially since I was trying to be modest these days, and I think I can find Katarina and her friends before the vote officially begins. However, after this day, I changed my mind. Those wicked KnightWalkers are forcing my hands! If the bad guys want to stop me running, if they want to force my hands, well, then I guess I got no choice... I will run for Pope."
As a Villain
- "You don't understand. You are not lonely anymore, Atticus. August Corbin doesn't deserve to be your friend. I do. This is a beginning of a whole new era. The world will be the puppet of eternal darkness, and no one will ever prevent it from coming. All you need to do, is trust me, with all you had..."
- "I hope this clarifies the chain of command, Misogi. Now, after I made a careful investigation, I believe there are still 13 people at large - three schoolgirls, Corbin's apprentice and her sister, a false heroic bishop, a ghost nun, two monsters with free will, a mad princess, a warlock priest, a schoolboy and a self-righteous detective, but not for long! I hope they all BURN outside!"
- "The answer is here, right here, staring you in the face."
- "Looking for me, Herr Kommadar? Welcome to China."
- "Huh, you remember this, right? [...] Yes, this is the KnightWalker visitor card! It's just a souvenir I gained when I stole your wallet. You are resourceful, La Folia. Now, say your prayers... We may never see each others ever again."
- "Out of chaos, I will bring order. I will be crowned in Vatican and becomes St. Peter on my own. You should know who I am. The late Billie Dean Howard prophesied me... at least she died in your era. Since you are gonna die, I don't need you to keep it as a secret anymore, Katarina."
As Blood Moon Wicked (stabilized) & Pope
- "From the ashes of the old order and the fire of the old era, I will rise a new world brighter than before."
- "Still haven't had enough, huh? Even after losing all your minions - again? With your reputation within your kingdom before the war, I gotta say, I'd hate to a member of your citizens, Sonia! But where are my manners? I mean, really, I should be... 'Thanking' your men for being such - good - test subjects."
- "You're right. It is. The full Blood Moon is about to arrive next night... and Demonic Redcoats will flood the streets. Déjà vu, girls, the Horseman revisited, but this time... it won't be just one town. It will be the whole world!"
- "You got me unexpectedly... Well played. But... no one can stop the Horseman... now..."
- "There will be only five existence in the world after the war is over - Angel, Demon Queen, war, power... and me. All of the existence in the world will bow to me and calls me Their Holiness. Now, everyone in the world shall witness my coronation. My long time dream has finally come true... No more pretense, no more heroic motives, no more faith. Two billions people will hail me. 131 nations and regions will kneel in front of me! Today, finally... THE CITY OF VATICAN IS MINE! HAHAHAHAHA!!!"
- "So, Carl, you are Firenza Junior."
- (under the guise of Lady Van Tassel contacting Ichabod') "I received some very interesting intel on you, Mr. Crane, intel that will greatly influence your future. Curious?"
- "And your family will blame you."
- "I know everything about you, Mr. Robinson. Everything. I know what is it you're looking for... A world of chaos, am I right?"
- "Thanks for the scream, sisters, but that's not enough. Here's something to remember me by."
- "Does that robot ever have a heart? Does it ever have a soul? It is unbelievable that it dared to treat its prisoners in such a brutal way. We have more civilized way to do human experiments if we need to. It's just... utterly unbelievable..."
- "Split her in half... mentally."
- "From this day on, whenever I burn down a barn, whenever I smash a precious statue into pieces, and even whenever I kill innocent people, the world will still do nothing other than blessing me! Do you want to know why? It was all because... because I am too powerful!"
- "If that is the only way, I have no choice then... I will bring this task to you, to you - Cardinal Aleister Crowley. That dreadful robot needs to respect us, respect magic, respect the true meaning of the papal might! If he refuses... you will destroy him."
- "I will use demonic way to alter the Christianity order, and the Catholic Church will eventually join the KnightWalkers. No matter how you resist this, Sonia, that Eckidina will still be pleased to let me join her! You know why? Because we both have dark sides..."
- "Unlike his sister, Elizard, who is a respected leader as a matter of fact, Duke Firenza was a colossal imbecile, a fool who wants to runs the royalty with money, a devil who loved beauties instead of his motherland... and he is your father, Carl... which makes you heir to a special blood type."
- "Sorry, Aleister... but I need to 'borrow' your head... without returning it, period."
- "Diabla, Diabla, Diabla... you are so wonderful, so wonderful that I hated to destroy you."
- "Ahahaha... you pitiful weaklings! Even your strongest warriors succumb like lambs to the slaughter. Your turn will come. Hate will turn you all against one another until this whole world burns."
- "Come, lambs... come and face your demise! The hatred inside you drives your hunt for me. You are already mine. Give in. The more you fight, the more your hatred broils within you. Everything that you are is MINE to destroy!"
As Blood Moon Wicked (rampage)
- "OH! AHH! AHHHHH! AEGRHHHHHHERAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!..... Get over yourself! Help me!? Argh! I am destined to be the future Pope! I don't need help from anyone! My plans are not failing! They are THRIVING! URGH!"
- "Soon, the entire fragile shell of this freakish time... and this filthy society... will COLLAPSE!!! After that, do you people know what will left in this world? Hehehe... hehehehe... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! HAHA! HAHA! NOTHING!!! HELL WILL RISE, AND CHAOS WILL REIGN!!!!! AND I, MICHAEL LANGDON, WILL BE THE KING OF A NEW WORLD!!!!!"
- "I... am... Michael Langdon..."
- "Constance... Constance..."
- "I HATE YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!"
- "I AM MICHAEL LANGDON! INDESTRUCTIBLE! INDOMITABLE! UNDENIABLE! I! AM! THE! FUTURE! POPE! FOR ETERNITY!!! ME!!! DIE!!!!!"
- "YOU - ARE - A - PRETENDER!!!"
- "DIE, YOU FREAK! YOU MORON!!!"
- "You cannot kill me. I am supreme. I am so great. I am immortalized."
- "IT ISN'T OVER, THE RED HAIRED DEMON! I - WILL - FIND YOU!!!"
- "I, Michael Langdon, or we Legion, shall raise Hell in this Multi-Universe and bathe in CORRUPTION!"
- "Do you miss me? I miss ALL of you!"
- "No, no, I am not Diana! I am Michael Langdon, and now I am holding the Third Witness and her dear daughter in my grasp. "
- "If I'm going to die, then I'll make sure the world you love dies with me!"
- "My Legion is formed, Crane."
- "I am always here watching you, Crane, through zillions of eyes. The torture in Hell is like luxury to me."
- "I am preparing for a noble war. I'm calm, I know the secret. I know what's coming and I know no one can stop me, not even myself. I kill people I like. Some of them beg for their life. I don't feel sad. I don't feel anything. It's a filthy world we live in. It's a filthy, sad and helpless world, and honestly, I feel like I'm helping to take them away from all those muddy water that run through the streets. I'm helping to take them to somewhere clean, and kind. There's something about all that blood, man. I drown in it. Therefore, in my name, we have to be thorough! If even one of those Hexenmeisters made it onto that ship of the Alliance, all of the sacrifices we've made would be for nothing! We must eliminate the very possibility of this plague of rebellion existing!"
- "My form is justice! My form is the world! Revere me. Praise me. This noble and beautiful... immortal and most powerful god... Michael Langdon! With this brand new form, I will never ever fail! All it remain shall be my final wish... that this world shall BURNS!"
- "Rejoice, Maria Arzonia. You have reached the height of beauty by Zelkron's hand... Yes, this is who you are. Maria, this is who you always denied to be but destined to be! You have no difference to Elesis Du Tirial, and that's why I admire you, but that does not mean I will spare you! Now, with the extinction of ExKrieg race, I will send you to meet them inside the pits! You will be executed in the crime of treason!"
- "You must follow me or be destroyed."
- "Fine, from this day on... I'll start my own war. I bring no peace. I bring a sword."
- "Welcome back, Young Master Mashevra. This is where you belong. I'm proud of you."
- "The world is a filthy place; It's a filthy and sadistic horror show. There's so much pain, you know? There's so much. There is something about all that blood; I drown in it. The Indians believed that blood holds all the bad spirits, and once a month in ceremonies they would cut themselves to let the spirits go free. Now, there is something smart about that, very smart. I like that. You think I'm crazy?"
- "If anyone like her still stands, we will be never find our peace. Maria is no longer that soft. I have fought against her for many years and I knew her change in these years much better than you all. We have take her friends away from her, and she wants us to pay blood with blood. If that's what she wished, then I will make sure that her wish shall never come true."
- "This is my world. This is a world of war. Here is the plateau made of corpses, and there is an ocean made of blood. You are not safe here. No one is."
- "A rebellion is righteous? The rulers are evil? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!"
Quotes about Michael
- "You see I will not buy these whole... uber-villain nonsense. You see if he want to wear hood, he could wear hood. It is Sleepy Hollow. Nobody cares, right? We are all suffered by his hands - including me, you, Maria... and now Katarina who trust him most! Michael must die." - Sonia Nevermind
- "Michael Langdon, ironically named after the archangel, was turned out to be an Anti-Christ. I was searching for the infant of Michael but I found nothing yet. It seemed like he was born with some power that blocked my magical sight. It was absolutely frightening to think about a child that could wreck havoc upon the Earth, and I and my friends who formed the Team Witness had a hard time dealing with him and his evil plan as soon as he revealed his true nature. We once considered him an ally, but turns out we were dead wrong. He is one of our worst enemies yet." - Sister Mary Eunice
- "Our new Pope is always a serious man. He will never joking about enforcing his duty. He will never joking about raising Hell." - Katherine Sforza
- "No orders coming from Pope Michael would be a sin." - Francesco Di Medici
- "His Holiness had ordered several more and handed them in the hand of Mother Superior Melancholia and the Neo Inquisition... He had them tortured, had them deformed, had them killed by fire and toxin... I have never heard of a Pope in history who executed the execution by himself. He was unconventional. I admire him. I prefer him than Fosenca or Matthai Reese. Endorsing him was one the best things I've done ever in my own life... probably the top one." - Sister Paula
List of Victims
(The victims' status is only their status after being killed/tormented by Michael, not their current status. Even so, the ghost will be considered as deceased.)
- Vivien Harmond † - Killed by giving birth to him
- His nanny † - Stabbed
- Several kids and bullies in his school † - In different methods, like drowning
- Lawrence Howard † - Struck on the wall
- 666 police & citizens † - Burned
- Billie Dean Howard † - Tortured, mutilated and later hanged
- Constance Langdon † - Hanged
The Cranes Arc
- Kristoff's parents †
- Kristoff - Stabbed (survived)
- Igor (Dr. Frankenstein's former assistant) † - Sliced his throat and fed his corpse to animals
- Dr. Frankenstein † - Suffered from the experiment's outcome and killed by Terra
- Aerisi Kalinoth - Suffered from the experiment's outcome
The Corbin Files
- La Folia Rihavein - Incrimination and deception
- Several workers who tried to dismantle Braircliff †
- Junko Enoshima - Stabbing her with spears (survived)
- Biagio Busoni - Allow Junko to slice off his ear and brainwash him
- Sonia Nevermind - Deception and threatening
- Numerous causalities in Eurotunnel Bombing †
- Causalities in English Civil War †
- Lidvia Lorenzetti - Brainwash
- Carissa - Brainwash
- Several KnightWalker Alliance soldiers † - Poisoned with toxic darts
- Hajime Hinata - Tortured and make him into Izuru
- The whole Ultimate Despair
- Two old citizens † - Stabbed
- Fiamma of the Right - Brainwash and hand mutilation, later tortured for disobedience
- Matthai Reese † - Attack by Michael & later killed by Terra
- Pietro Yogdis - Incrimination and "protective" imprisonment
- Agata † - Killed by a brainwashed Lidvia
- Acqua of the Back - Incrimination
- Maria Arzonia † - Burned (survived) and indirectly turned her into a Cyborg, causing her to die in process
- Melancholia - Tormented her with a split personality and made her as a decoy
- Patriarch Krans R. Tsarskiy † - Stabbed by Melanchola (survived) and later stabbed by Melancholia once again to his death
- Several Anglican nuns † - Tortured and poisoned
- Katarina Couteau - Deception, torture
- August Corbin † - Killed by the Horseman of Death
- Misogi Kugawama - Torture, threat, abuse and letting Ancitif possessed him
- Jeremy Stevens Furth † - Burned by Serilda
- Kyouko Kirigiri - Shot and tortured (survived)
- Alfred Knapp † - Beheaded by the Horseman
- The whole Team Witness - Attempted to destroy in the battle several times
- A Spanish priest - Brutally killed with a pair of scissors
- 95% of the major characters will die in Michael and his allies' hand, marking it the first time characters in LOTM: WoSH really began to die like files
- Leonard Lemon
- Tweedledee & Tweedledum
- Lucrezia Borgia
- Frank Irving
- Macey Irving
- Celes Chere - Michael forced her to killed herself to split the Horseman of Conquest out of her.
- Luke Morales
- Cesare Borgia - Killed by Michael directly
- Dahlia Hawthorne - Left to die by Michael.
- Nick Hawley
- Mr. Gold - Killed by Gideon
- Belle - Killed by Gideon
- Emma Swan - Sacrificed herself in cleansing the Dark Curse
- Captain Hook - Killed by Michael
- Regina Mills & Evil Queen - Killed by Michael
- Gideon - Perished after the cleanse of Dark Curse
- Abbie Mills - Sacrificed herself to protect Plaisir
Revived, Survived & Attempted
- Carl Robinson
- Ichabod Crane - After he stabbed through Michael with the Sword of Methselah, Ichabod succumbed to the effect of the Sword eventually, with his soul sealed inside the sword until Selina Strawberry freed it.
Legion's possessing & corrupting influence
- Diana Thomas - Cleansed
- Lady Crane (soul) † - Released
- Balthus Van Tassel (soul) † - Released
- Malcom Dreyfuss † - Corrupted & destroyed
- Sophie Foster † - Corrupted & destroyed
- Daniel Reynolds † - Corrupted & destroyed
- Gabriel Van Tassel † - Corrupted & destroyed
- 4,444 Hexenmeister agents and their supporters † - Corrupted & destroyed
- Hubert Zodiak † - Corrupted & destroyed
- Erza Mills - Cleansed
- Elsa the Snow Queen - Cleansed
- Every members of Wild Cards † - Corrupted & destroyed
- 2,000 Sith remnants † - Corrupted & destroyed
- Some DEM soldiers † - Corrupted & destroyed by the forces of Alliance of Freedom
- Jenny Mills - Cleansed
- Molly Thomas - Cleansed
- Calvin Riggs † - Corrupted & destroyed
- Atticus Nevins † - Corrupted & destroyed
- Ichabod Crane - Cleansed
- More than 1.2 billions of souls being devoured and corrupted for eternity, and the numbers are still increasing †
- Thousands of planets and galaxies became complete wastelands full of the Legion's puppet, and the numbers are still increasing...
According to some records, by the time when the Cataclymistic War was over and The Fallen was finally destroyed, there were no less than 108,747,681,921,923,120,940,192,374,917,491,794,749,101 people being corrupted by the soul fragments of Michael and eventually turned into his puppets
Some of them were cleansed, some were destroyed, and some were still at large and spread this kind of corrupting influence by many methods like committing suicide to spread the influence like plagues.
Therefore, the number is still INCREASING...
- Micheal is one of the most wanted candidates who might possibly return for Season 6 as an antagonist. Several teaser trailers of the sixth season of American Horror Story is possibly a hint of Anti-Christ theory might happen, and one of them (being the first teaser trailer) features a bassinet with a baby wailing, and a knife, sickle, and other deadly objects hanging from its mobile, a monstrous hand clutches the knife.
- Michael is based on a minor character in American Horror Story: Murder House who possibly will become an important or even major villain in later seasons.
- The reveal of the Anti-Christ is often considered to be one of the most surprising, the most disturbing and even the most shocking scenes ever in American Horror Story.
- Micheal himself did not return in Hotel. However, Billie Dean Howard returned in Hotels epilogue, which set in 2022 when Micheal is ten years old. This implied that Billie Dean is yet to be Micheal's victim (if there is any possibility) even after the glimpse of the cruel fiend's nature started to appear.
- In that epilogue, everything seems fine. Therefore, the ten-year-old Anti-Christ is yet to show its horrid malevolence completely at that time (but it is just a theory).
LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow
- In this storyline, Michael has six fingers on each of his hands (12 fingers in all).
- By the end of The Corbin Files, despite Michael's failure to bring Moloch's influences into the future world as well as his failure in killing Katarina, Ichabod as well as their allies, he succeeded in becoming the Pope, which is his very first priority. Therefore, Michael is the very first main villain in CIS-verse who truly won at last after all the efforts to stop him.
- The child Michael shared similar appearance to his father, Tate.
- Michael's true debut is in the second episode of LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow - The Cranes Arc, while disguised as the evil version of Peter Pan, and he is the hidden driven force of Eckidina & Frankenstein Sub Arc in the first season.
- As the Unknown Figure, he "debuted" in LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow - Outcast.
- As himself (under his false hero mask), Michael "debuted" in LOTM: Crossover - The Corbin Files - Chapitre Deux.
- Michael can speak many language fluently, including French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Latin.
- Michael / Legion is one of the darkest villains in LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow, being its fourth darkest antagonist.
- Hidden One
- Michael Langdon / Legion
- Emperor Mateus
- Jasmine Porcelain
- Lady Van Tassel
- James Patrick March
- Terra of the Left
- The Arzonia Brothers
- Phyllis Peach
- Valindra Shadowmantle
- Fiamma of the Right
- He and Moloch are the only two tribulations that battled against Katarina Coteau.
- Michael has more aliases than any villains in Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow except Moloch. However, Moloch does not take disguise, so Michael has the most amount of disguises than any other villains in the story.
- The storyline counterpart's Micheal can turn into a green reptilian creature similar to the creature from Black Lagoon, and this is inspired by two American Horror Story season 6 trailers, "Lullaby" and "Blind Date". It is later revealed that he took the Green Meanie mantle as well.
- Even if being Pure Evil, Michael still has some likable qualities, like his mature, manipulative and cunning personality. He also despises Eckidina's spoiled nature despite being working with her.
- Michael takes the mantle of most of the monstrous creatures and/or serial killers from AHS and both serial killers from Scream Queens.
- Since the New Timeline and the birth of Fallen Roman Catholic Church is unchangeable even after Michael's child form was destroyed, Michael is ironically the only member of the 13 Tribulations who eventually gets his last laugh after demise.
LOTM: Los Reina de Corazones
- Originally, Future Michael was set to reprise his role in the alternate timeline of Dreyfuss' Dystopia when LOTM: Star Spangled Crown took place. Nevertheless, this idea is now scrapped, and another villain would be created to take over Michael's role. This new villain would be severed as a reference to Michael while taking a disguise, but they would be a total different villain, and won't be just killed off by the end of Dreyfuss Saga.
- Originally, when there were two Future Michael in carnations, both of them had such similarities (and of course, all of these below are features presented before the UKA Version was revised):
- Both versions of Future Michael could be considered as some sort of catalyst as well as vital part to the plan of the original Michael Langdon. Astaroth Michael was served as a fuel of power, and the UKA Michael was served as a tool for resurrection.
- Both of the versions had the original Michael merged with his future counterparts, body and soul. Their minds once separated minds merged into one single mind after the fusions. However, the ways of these two fusions were different.
- The Astaroth Future Michael: Future Michael turned into flowing black mists and fused into the original Michael's body, seemly like absorbing for the original Michael.
- The UKA Future Michael: Future Michael was taken over by a Legion Shadow of Michael and merged into the Future Michael's body, seemly like possession for the original Michael.
- Arguably, many actions that the UKA Future Michael was considered as another kind extend of the original Michael Langdon, especially after a Legion Shadow of Michael merged itself with Future Michael, gaining himself a new physical body and started a new plan.
- Both of the future versions of Michael was apparently erased from reality once their respective Dystopian future was erased, but their influence still existed in the main timeline, especially inside the original Michael's plans.
- Arguably, Future Michael Langdon was much less important and influential of his past counterpart, acting more than like a tool of the latter.
- Like his past counterpart, Future Michael had no fear of death and would accept his death peacefully when it inevitably comes upon him.
- Like it mentioned above, the Legion's appearance is foreshadowed in the final episode of The Corbin Files through a prototype made by Michael's Shadow form.
- Because of his Legion's existence (posthumously), Michael Langdon is arguably still "alive" despite being sent to Hell after his defeat.
- Michael's Legion is the only loyal factions of Moloch that was not completely destroyed, making a bittersweet ending to this storyline.
Pope Leo X
Pope Leo X (11 December 1475 – 1 December 1521), born Giovanni di Lorenzo de' Medici, was Pope from 9 March 1513 to his death in 1521.
The second son of Lorenzo the Magnificent, ruler of the Florentine Republic, he was elevated to the cardinalate in 1489. Following the death of Pope Julius II, Giovanni was elected pope after securing the backing of the younger members of the Sacred College. Early on in his rule he oversaw the closing sessions of the Fifth Council of the Lateran, but struggled to implement the reforms agreed. In 1517 he led a costly war that succeeded in securing his nephew as Duke of Urbino, but which reduced papal finances.
In protestant circles, Leo is associated with granting indulgences for those who donated to reconstruct St. Peter's Basilica, a practice that was soon challenged by Martin Luther's 95 Theses, following his visit to Rome in 1511. He refused to acknowledge the legitimacy of the demands of what would become the Protestant Reformation, and his Papal Bull of 1520, Exsurge Domine, condemned Martin Luther's condemnatory stance, rendering ongoing communication difficult. Notwithstanding these divisions, he granted establishment to the Oratory of Divine Love.
He borrowed and spent money without circumspection. A significant patron of the arts, upon election Leo is alleged to have said, "Since God has given us the papacy, let us enjoy it." Under his reign, progress was made on the rebuilding of St. Peter's Basilica and artists such as Raphael decorated the Vatican rooms. Leo also reorganized the Roman University, and promoted the study of literature, poetry and antiquities. He died in 1521 and is buried in Santa Maria sopra Minerva, Rome. He was the last pope not to have been in priestly orders at the time of his election to the papacy.
James Warren "Jim" Jones (May 13, 1931 – November 18, 1978) was an American cult leader. Ordained as a Disciples of Christ pastor, Jones founded and led the Peoples Temple; he gained infamy due to the November, 1978 mass murder-suicide of 918 of its members in Jonestown, Guyana, the murder of Congressman Leo Ryan, and the ordering of four additional Temple member deaths in Georgetown, the Guyanese capital. Nearly three hundred children were murdered at Jonestown, almost all of them by poisoning. Jones died from a gunshot wound to the head; it is suspected his death was a suicide.
Jones was born in Indiana and started the Temple there in the 1950s. He later moved the Temple to California in the mid-1960s, and gained notoriety with the move of the Temple's headquarters to San Francisco in the early 1970s.
Li Hongzhi (Chinese: 李洪志; pinyin: Lǐ Hóngzhì) is the controversial founder and spiritual leader of Falun Gong (or Falun Dafa), a "system of mind-body cultivation" in the qigong tradition. Li Hongzhi began his public teachings of Falun Gong on 13 May 1992 in Changchun, and subsequently gave lectures and taught Falun Gong exercises across China.
In China, Falun Gong is considered as an illegal heretic organization. The organization was notorious for the self-immolation of its believers at Tian'an Men Square on January 23, 2001, causing 2 deaths and 3 people seriously burnt. It is officially considered as a heretic cult in China and Li Hongzhi's actions are considered illegal in mainland China as well.
King Louis XIV of France
Louis XIV (5 September 1638 – 1 September 1715), known as Louis the Great (Louis le Grand) or the Sun King (le Roi Soleil), was a monarch of the House of Bourbon who reigned as King of France and Navarre from 1643 until his death in 1715. His reign of 72 years and 110 days is the recorded longest of any monarch of a country in European history. In the age of absolutism in Europe, Louis XIV's France was a leader in the growing centralization of power.
Louis began his personal rule of France in 1661, after the death of his chief minister, the Italian Cardinal Mazarin. An adherent of the concept of the divine right of kings, which advocates the divine origin of monarchical rule, Louis continued his predecessors' work of creating a centralized state governed from the capital. He sought to eliminate the remnants of feudalism persisting in parts of France and, by compelling many members of the nobility to inhabit his lavish Palace of Versailles (formerly a hunting lodge belonging to Louis' father), succeeded in pacifying the aristocracy, many members of which had participated in the Fronde rebellion during Louis' minority. By these means he became one of the most powerful French monarchs and consolidated a system of absolute monarchical rule in France that endured until the French Revolution.
Louis encouraged and benefited from the work of prominent political, military, and cultural figures such as Mazarin, Colbert, Louvois, the Grand Condé, Turenne, and Vauban, as well as Molière, Racine, Boileau, La Fontaine, Lully, Marais, Le Brun, Rigaud, Bossuet, Le Vau, Mansart, Charles and Claude Perrault, and Le Nôtre. Under his rule, the Edict of Nantes, which granted rights to Huguenots, was abolished. The revocation effectively forced Huguenots to emigrate or convert in a wave of dragonnades, which managed to virtually destroy the French Protestant minority.
During Louis' reign, France was the leading European power, and it fought three major wars: the Franco-Dutch War, the War of the League of Augsburg, and the War of the Spanish Succession. There were also two lesser conflicts: the War of Devolution and the War of the Reunions. Warfare defined Louis XIV's foreign policies, and his personality shaped his approach. Impelled "by a mix of commerce, revenge, and pique," Louis sensed that warfare was the ideal way to enhance his glory. In peacetime he concentrated on preparing for the next war. He taught his diplomats that their job was to create tactical and strategic advantages for the French military.
Marie Joseph Louis Adolphe Thiers (French: [lwi adɔlf tjɛʁ]; 15 April 1797 – 3 September 1877) was a French statesman and historian. He was the second elected President of France, and the first President of the French Third Republic. He was ex official Co-Prince of Andorra during his term as president.
Theirs was a key figure in the July Revolution of 1830, which overthrew the Bourbon monarchy, and the French Revolution of 1848, which established the Second French Republic. He served as a prime minister in 1836, 1840 and 1848, dedicated the Arc de Triomphe, and arranged the return to France of the ashes of Napoleon from Saint-Helena. He was first a supporter, then a vocal opponent of Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte (who served from 1848 to 1852 as President of the Second Republic and as Emperor Napoleon III, reigning from 1852–71). When Napoleon III seized power, Theirs was arrested and briefly expelled from France. He then returned and became an opponent of the government.
Following the defeat of France in the Franco-German War, which Thiers opposed, he was elected chief executive of the new French government and negotiated the end of the war. When the Paris Commune seized power in March 1871, Thiers gave the orders to the army for its suppression. At the age of seventy-four, he was named President of the Republic by the French National Assembly in August 1871.
Kaiser Wilhelm II
Wilhelm II or William II (German: Friedrich Wilhelm Viktor Albert von Preußen, English: Frederick William Victor Albert of Prussia; 27 January 1859 – 4 June 1941) was the last German Emperor (Kaiser) and the King of Prussia, ruling the German Empire and the Kingdom of Prussia from 15 June 1888 to 9 November 1918. He was the eldest grandchild of the British Queen Victoria and related to many monarchs and princes of Europe.
Crowned in 1888, he dismissed the Chancellor, Otto von Bismarck, in 1890 and launched Germany on a bellicose "New Course" in foreign affairs that culminated in his support for Austria-Hungary in the crisis of July 1914 that led in a matter of days to the First World War. Bombastic and impetuous, he sometimes made tactless pronouncements on sensitive topics without consulting his ministers, culminating in a disastrous Daily Telegraph interview in 1908 that cost him most of his influence. His leading generals, Paul von Hindenburg and Erich Ludendorff, dictated policy during the First World War with little regard for the civilian government. An ineffective war-time leader, he lost the support of the army, abdicated in November 1918, and fled to exile in the Netherlands.
Pope Stephen VI
Pope Stephen VI (896–897), who had been made bishop of Anagni by his predecessor Pope Formosus. The circumstances of his election are unclear, but he was sponsored by one of the powerful Roman families, the house of Spoleto, that contested the papacy at the time.
Stephen is chiefly remembered in connection with his conduct towards the remains of Pope Formosus, his penultimate predecessor. The rotting corpse of Formosus was exhumed and put on trial, before an unwilling synod of the Roman clergy, in the so-called Cadaver Synod (or Synodus Horrenda) in January 897. Pressure from the Spoleto contingent and Stephen's fury with his predecessor probably precipitated this extraordinary event.
With the corpse propped up on a throne, a deacon was appointed to answer for the deceased pontiff. During the trial, Formosus's corpse was condemned for performing the functions of a bishop when he had been deposed and for receiving the pontificate while he was the bishop of Porto, among other revived charges that had been leveled against him in the strife during the pontificate of John VIII. The corpse was found guilty, stripped of its sacred vestments, deprived of three fingers of its right hand (the blessing fingers), clad in the garb of a layman, and quickly buried; it was then re-exhumed and thrown in the Tiber. All ordinations performed by Formosus were annulled.
The trial excited a tumult. Though the instigators of the deed may actually have been Formosus' enemies of the House of Spoleto (notably Guy IV of Spoleto), who had recovered their authority in Rome at the beginning of 897 by renouncing their broader claims in central Italy, the scandal ended in Stephen's imprisonment and his death by strangling that summer.
Pope John XII
- Pope John XII (955–964) was related to the Counts of Tusculum and a member of the powerful Roman family of Theophylact which had dominated papal politics for over half a century. His pontificate became infamous for the alleged depravity and worldliness with which he conducted it. He gave land to a mistress, murdered several people, and was killed by a man who caught him in bed with his wife.
- Michael abducted several female Anglican Church members in an attempt to abuse them, murder them and/or corrupt them with a bribe of land.
Pope Benedict IX
Pope Benedict IX (1032–1044, 1045, 1047–1048), born Theophylactus of Tusculum in Rome, was Pope on three occasions between October 1032 and July 1048. Aged approximately 20 at his first election, he is one of the youngest popes in history. He is the only man to have been Pope on more than one occasion and the only man ever to have sold the papacy.
Pope Boniface VIII
Pope Boniface VIII (1294–1303), who is lampooned in Dante's Divine Comedy. He organized the first Roman Catholic "jubilee" year to take place in Rome and declared that both spiritual and temporal power were under the pope's jurisdiction, and that kings were subordinate to the power of the Roman pontiff. Today, he is probably best remembered for his feuds with King Philip IV of France and Dante Alighieri, who placed the pope in the Eighth Circle of Hell in his Divine Comedy, among the simoniacs.
Pope Urban VI
Pope Urban VI (1378–1389), who complained that he did not hear enough screaming when Cardinals who had conspired against him were tortured. He is so far the last pope to be elected from outside the College of Cardinals. His reign, which began shortly after the end of the Avignon Papacy, was marked by immense conflict between rival factions as part of the Western Schism.
On the death of Pope Gregory XI (27 March 1378), a Roman mob surrounded the papal conclave to demand a Roman pope. The cardinals being under some haste and great pressure to avoid the return of the Papal seat to Avignon, Prignano was unanimously chosen Pope on 8 April 1378 as acceptable to the disunited majority of French cardinals, taking the name Urban VI. Not being a Cardinal, he was not well known. Immediately following the conclave, most of the cardinals fled Rome before the mob could learn that not a Roman (though not a Frenchman either), but a subject of Queen Joan I of Naples, had been chosen.
Though the coronation was carried out in scrupulous detail, leaving no doubt as to the legitimacy of the new pontiff, the French were not particularly happy with this move and began immediately to conspire against this Pope. Urban VI did himself no favors; whereas the cardinals had expected him pliant, he was considered arrogant and angry by many of his contemporaries. Dietrich of Nieheim reported the opinion of the cardinals that his elevation had turned his head, and Froissart, Leonardo Aretino, Tommaso de Acerno and St. Antoninus of Florence recorded similar conclusions.
Pope Alexander VI
Pope Alexander VI' (1492–1503), born Roderic Borgia, was Pope from 11 August 1492 until his death. He is one of the most controversial of the Renaissance popes, partly because he acknowledged fathering several children by his mistresses. Therefore his Italianized Valencian surname, Borgia, became a byword for libertinism and nepotism, which are traditionally considered as characterizing his pontificate. However, two of Alexander's successors, the also controversial pontiffs Sixtus V and Urban VIII, described him as one of the most outstanding popes since St. Peter.
It is often alleged, sometimes by serious historians, that Alexander and his son, Cesare, poisoned Cardinal Adriano Castellesi, but this is unlikely.[Note 5] (When cardinals died, their wealth automatically reverted to the Church.) There is no evidence that the Borgias resorted to poisoning, judicial murder, or extortion to fund their schemes and the defense of the Papal States. The only contemporary accusations of poisoning were from some of the servants of the Borgias, extracted under torture by Alexander's bitter enemy and successor, Julius II.
Religious & Mythological Inspirations
LokiLoki (Old Norse: [ˈloki], Modern Icelandic: [ˈlɔːkɪ], often Anglicized as /ˈloʊki/) is a god in Norse mythology. Loki is in some sources the son of Fárbauti and Laufey, and the brother of Helblindi and Býleistr. By the jötunn Angrboða, Loki is the father of Hel, the wolf Fenrir, and the world serpent Jörmungandr. By his wife Sigyn, Loki is the father of Narfi and/or Nari. By the stallion Svaðilfari, Loki is the mother—giving birth in the form of a mare—to the eight-legged horse Sleipnir. In addition, Loki is referred to as the father of Váli in Prose Edda, though this source also refers to Odin as the father of Váli twice, and Váli is found mentioned as a Son of Loki only once.
Loki's relation with the gods varies by source; Loki sometimes assists the gods and sometimes behaves in a malicious manner towards them. Loki is a shapeshifter and in separate incidents he appears in the form of a salmon, a mare, a fly, and possibly an elderly woman named Þökk (Old Norse 'thanks'). Loki's positive relations with the gods end with his role in engineering the death of the god Baldr and Loki is eventually bound by Váli with the entrails of one of his sons. In both the Poetic Edda and the Prose Edda, the goddess Skaði is responsible for placing a serpent above him while he is bound. The serpent drips venom from above him that Sigyn collects into a bowl; however, she must empty the bowl when it is full, and the venom that drips in the meantime causes Loki to writhe in pain, thereby causing earthquakes. With the onset of Ragnarök, Loki is foretold to slip free from his bonds and to fight against the gods among the forces of the jötnar, at which time he will encounter the god Heimdallr and the two will slay each other.
Loki is referred to in the Poetic Edda, compiled in the 13th century from earlier traditional sources; the Prose Edda and Heimskringla, written in the 13th century by Snorri Sturluson; the Norwegian Rune Poems, in the poetry of skalds, and in Scandinavian folklore. Loki may be depicted on the Snaptun Stone, the Kirkby Stephen Stone, and the Gosforth Cross. Loki's origins and role in Norse mythology, which some scholars have described as that of a trickster god, have been much debated by scholars. Loki has been depicted in or is referenced in a variety of media in modern popular culture.
AntichristIn Christian eschatology, the Antichrist or anti-Christ is someone recognized as fulfilling the Biblical prophecies about one who will oppose Christ and substitute himself in Christ's place. The term (including one plural form) is found five times in the New Testament, solely in the First and Second Epistle of John. The Antichrist is announced as the one "who denies the Father and the Son."
The similar term pseudokhristos or "false Christs" is found in the Gospels. In Matthew (chapter 24) and Mark (chapter 13), Jesus alerts his disciples not to be deceived by the false prophets, which will claim themselves as being Christ, performing "great signs and wonders". Two other images often associated with the Antichrist are the "little horn" in Daniel's final vision and the "man of sin" in Paul the Apostle's Second Epistle to the Thessalonians.
In Islamic eschatology, Al-Masih ad-Dajjal (المسيح الدجال) is an anti-messiah figure (similar to the Christian concept of an antichrist), who will appear to deceive humanity before the second coming of "Isa", as Jesus is known by Muslims.
The concept of an antichrist is absent in traditional Judaism, although in some medieval texts the symbolic figure Armilus appears.
NessusIn Greek mythology, Nessus (Ancient Greek: Νέσσος) was a famous centaur who was killed by Heracles, and whose tainted blood in turn killed Heracles. He was the son of Centauros. He fought in the battle with the Lapiths and became a ferryman on the river, Euenos.
Nessus is known for his role in the story of the Tunic of Nessus. After carrying Deianeira, the wife of Heracles, across the river, he attempted to force himself upon her. Heracles saw this from across the river and shot a Hydra-poisoned arrow into Nessus' breast. As he lay dying, as a final act of malice, Nessus told Deianeira that his blood would ensure that Heracles would be true to her forever, knowing the blood to be infected with the hydra's poison.
Deianeira foolishly believed him. Later, when her trust began to wane because of Iole, she spread the centaur's blood on a robe and gave it to her husband. Heracles went to a gathering of heroes, where his passion got the better of him. Meanwhile, Deianeira accidentally spilled a portion of the centaur's blood onto the floor. To her horror, it began to fume by the light of the rising sun.
She instantly recognized it as poison and sent her messenger to warn Heracles but it was too late. Heracles lay dying slowly and painfully as the robe burned his skin—either in actual flames or by the heat of poison. He died a noble death on a funeral pyre of oak branches. Heracles was then taken to Mount Olympus by Zeus and welcomed among the gods for his heroic exploits.
FenrirFenrir (Old Norse: "fen-dweller") or Fenrisúlfr (Old Norse: "Fenrir's wolf", often translated "Fenris-wolf"), also referred to as Hróðvitnir ("fame-wolf") and Vánagandr ("monster of the [River] Ván"), is a monstrous wolf in Norse mythology. Fenrir is attested in the Poetic Edda, compiled in the 13th century from earlier traditional sources, and the Prose Edda and Heimskringla, written in the 13th century by Snorri Sturluson. In both the Poetic Edda and Prose Edda, Fenrir is the father of the wolves Sköll and Hati Hróðvitnisson, is a son of Loki, and is foretold to kill the god Odin during the events of Ragnarök, but will in turn be killed by Odin's son Víðarr.
In the Prose Edda, additional information is given about Fenrir, including that, due to the gods' knowledge of prophecies foretelling great trouble from Fenrir and his rapid growth, the gods bound him, and as a result Fenrir bit off the right hand of the god Týr. Depictions of Fenrir have been identified on various objects, and scholarly theories have been proposed regarding Fenrir's relation to other canine beings in Norse mythology. Fenrir has been the subject of artistic depictions, and he appears in literature.
EreshkigalIn Mesopotamian mythology, Ereshkigal (𒀭𒊩𒆠𒃲 DEREŠ.KI.GAL, lit. "Queen of the Great Earth") was the goddess of Kur, the land of the dead or underworld in Sumerian mythology. In later East Semitic myths she was said to rule Irkalla alongside her husband Nergal. Sometimes her name is given as Irkalla, similar to the way the name Hades was used in Greek mythology for both the underworld and its ruler, and sometimes it is given as Ninkigal, lit. "Lady of the Great Earth".
In Sumerian myths, Ereshkigal was the only one who could pass judgment and give laws in her kingdom. The main temple dedicated to her was located in Kutha. In the ancient Sumerian poem Inanna's Descent to the Underworld, Ereshkigal is described as Inanna's older sister. The two main myths involving Ereshkigal are the story of Inanna's descent into the Underworld and the story of Ereshkigal's marriage to the god Nergal.
TezcatlipocaTezcatlipoca (/ˌtɛzˌkætliˈpoʊkə/; Classical Nahuatl: Tezcatlipōca Nahuatl pronunciation: [teskatɬiˈpoːka] (About this soundlisten)) was a central deity in Aztec religion, and his main festival was the Toxcatl ceremony celebrated in the month of May.
One of the four sons of Ometecuhtli and Omecihuatl, he is associated with a wide range of concepts, including the night sky, the night winds, hurricanes, the north, the earth, obsidian, enmity, discord, rulership, divination, temptation, jaguars, sorcery, beauty, war and strife. His name in the Nahuatl language is often translated as "Smoking Mirror" and alludes to his connection to obsidian, the material from which mirrors were made in Mesoamerica which were used for shamanic rituals and prophecy. Another talisman related to Tezcatlipoca was a disc worn as a chest pectoral. This talisman was carved out of abalone shell and depicted on the chest of both Huitzilopochtli and Tezcatlipoca in codex illustrations.
He had many epithets which alluded to different aspects of his deity: Titlacauan /ˌtɪtləˈkaʊən/ ("We are his Slaves"), Ipalnemoani ("He by whom we live"), Necoc Yaotl ("Enemy of Both Sides"), Tloque Nahuaque ("Lord of the Near and the Nigh") and Yohualli Èhecatl ("Night, Wind"), Ome Acatl ("Two Reed"), Ilhuicahua Tlalticpaque ("Possessor of the Sky and Earth").
When depicted he was usually drawn with a black and a yellow stripe painted across his face. He is often shown with his right foot replaced with an obsidian mirror, bone, or a snake—an allusion to the creation myth in which he loses his foot battling with the Earth Monster. Sometimes the mirror was shown on his chest, and sometimes smoke would emanate from the mirror. Tezcatlipoca's nagual, his animal counterpart, was the jaguar and his jaguar aspect was the deity Tepeyollotl ("Mountainheart"). In the Aztec ritual calendar the Tonalpohualli Tezcatlipoca ruled the trecena 1 Ocelotl ("1 Jaguar")—he was also patron of the days with the name Acatl ("reed").
The Tezcatlipoca figure goes back to earlier Mesoamerican deities worshipped by the Olmec and Maya. Similarities exist with the patron deity of the K'iche' Maya as described in the Popol Vuh. A central figure of the Popol Vuh was the god Tohil whose name means "obsidian" and who was associated with sacrifice. Also the Classic Maya god of rulership and thunder known to modern Mayanists as "God K", or the "Manikin Scepter" and to the classic Maya as K'awil was depicted with a smoking obsidian knife in his forehead and one leg replaced with a snake.
Randall FlaggRandall Flagg, also know as The Man in Black, is the main antagonist of Stephen King's novels The Stand and The Eyes of the Dragon as well as a major villain in the Dark Tower series. The most recurring and without a doubt, the most important villain of the entire Stephen King mythos, Randall Flagg is following King's own words, the best villain he created, whom he had in mind since he began writing.
Flagg He often appears under different names; most are abbreviated by the initials R.F. There are exceptions to this rule; in the The Dark Tower series, the name most often associated with Flagg is Walter o'Dim, yet he is also known as The Man in Black, Marten Broadcloak, but his real name is Walter Padick. Flagg is described as "an accomplished sorcerer and a devoted servant of the Outer Dark" with general supernatural abilities involving necromancy, prophecy, and unnatural influence over predatory animal and human behavior. His goals typically center on bringing down civilizations, usually through spreading destruction and sowing conflict.
The character first appeared in the novel The Stand as a demonic figure who wreaks havoc after a plague kills most of the population. He makes his second appearance in The Eyes of the Dragon as an evil wizard attempting to plunge the fictional medieval city of Delain into chaos. Flagg made several more appearances in King's epic series The Dark Tower as one of the main antagonists, in which he attempts to thwart protagonist Roland Deschain from reaching the Tower, the linchpin of all existence, so he can claim it for himself and become a god. The Dark Tower expanded upon Flagg's backstory and motivations, as well as connecting his previous appearances together.
Aside from King's novels, Flagg was featured in a television miniseries adaptation of The Stand, in which he was portrayed by Jamey Sheridan, as well as making appearances in Marvel Comics' adaptations of The Dark Tower and The Stand.
Stephen King initially attributed Donald DeFreeze, the lead kidnapper in the Patty Hearst case, as his inspiration for Randall Flagg. He later attributed Flagg's creation to an image of a man in cowboy boots, denim jeans and jacket always walking the roads that "came out of nowhere" when he was still in college. As King's self-described best villain, the nature of Flagg's character and evil has been the subject of much discussion by literary critics.
Cesare Borgia (Assassin's Creed)Cesare Borgia (or Cesár Borgia) is the main antagonist of the 2010 video game Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. He is the sworn nemesis of the Assassin Ezio Auditore da Firenze.
Cesare is generally a cunning, ambitious, treacherous, and aggressive person who will do anything - including having his own family or friends murdered - in order to obtain power. Cesare maintains an incestuous relationship with Lucrezia, and promised her that she would be his oppressive queen when he ruled Italy. As such, he frequently descends into jealous rage due to her many romantic dalliances with other men – those of which she would normally woo in order to spite her unfaithful and manipulative brother.
However, in his attempts to discover the location of the Apple, Cesare physically assaults her, answering her tearful and lachrymose question if he had ever loved her by saying, "You are my sister, nothing more.". Despite this, Cesare maintains contact with Lucrezia until death, promising her that he would return to power. Cesare also develops a god-complex personality, believing that he would not be bound nor killed by a normal man. He maintained this belief throughout his life, even in his final moments, despite being aware that his death was imminent.
He was voiced by Andreas Apergis.
NyarlathotepNyarlathotep, also known by many other names, most notably the Crawling Chaos, is an evil Outer God and, ultimately, the main antagonist of the fictional universe, the Cthulhu Mythos, the work of the famous cosmic horror writer and author, H.P. Lovecraft.
He first appeared as the titular main antagonist of the 1920 short story, Nyarlathotep, and he continued to serve as the main antagonist of the 1943 fantasy novella, The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath and as the eponymous main antagonist of the short story, The Haunter in the Dark. He has appeared in numerous stories written by H.P. Lovecraft and is, without question, the cruelest and vilest entity in the mythos.
He is seen as a shapeshifting agent of madness, chaos and ruin who serves the other Outer Gods, specifically his father, Azathoth, the Blind Idiot God, who he is subservient to him, fulfilling his wishes without question as his messenger and emissary, though he sometimes enjoys manipulating his master.
He often visits Earth and enjoys bringing madness and suffering to inferior beings (humans are among them). It is said that he will bring destruction to Earth and he spends his time manipulating and deceiving humans for his own sadistic pleasure.
Eto YoshimuraEto Yoshimura (in Japanese: エト, Eto) is a Ghoul and is the founding leader and ruler of the Aogiri Tree. She is the infamous One-Eyed Owl who killed Kureo Mado's wife and Akira's mother. Her human identity is Sen Takatsuki (高槻 泉, Takatsuki Sen), a best-selling horror novelist mentioned throughout the series which both Ken Kaneki and Rize Kamishiro are fans of and whose books they have read.
In the near ending of the first series, it is revealed that Eto is the daughter of a human named Ukina and Yoshimura, a ghoul who owns the Anteiku Cafe at which Kaneki works. She is often seen together with a fellow Aogiri member, Tatara, as both frequently watch fights from a distance.
She serves as the main antagonist of the Tokyo Ghoul original series and a major antagonist-turned-supporting anti-villain in Tokyo Ghoul:re. Due to her actions and her position as the Aogiri Tree's leader, one of the six main antagonist in Tokyo Ghoul franchise, alongside Rize Kamishiro, Akihiro Kanou, Seidou Takizawa, Tsuneyoshi Washuu and Kichimura Washuu.
She was voiced by Maaya Sakamoto (who also voiced Ciel Phantomhive and Crona) in the Japanese dub, and Lindsay Seidel in the English dub.
SauronSauron, once a noble Maia known as Mairon, is the secondary villain of the Arda universe of J.R.R. Tolkien, which is mainly focused on Middle-earth, and ultimately the secondary antagonist of the Middle-earth legendarium (with Morgoth as the primary antagonist). He is also the main antagonist of J.R.R. Tolkien's classic high fantasy epic The Lord of the Rings, the secondary antagonist of mythopoeic novel The Silmarillion, a major antagonist in The Children of Húrin, the Bigger Bad of The Hobbit, and the secondary antagonist of The History of Middle-earth. He is the main antagonist in the animated movie series, serving as the main antagonist in The Lord of the Rings (which is also the name of the original novel) and in Return of the King (also the name of Part III of the novel The Lord of the Rings). He does not appear in The Hobbit movie in 1977.
Sauron is also the main antagonist of the Middle-earth film saga, first appearing as the titular main antagonist of Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings film trilogy. He serves as the main antagonist of the 2001 BAFTA winning film, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, the main antagonist of the 2002 highly-acclaimed film The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and once again, the main antagonist of the 2003 Best Picture winning film, The Lord of The Rings: The Return of the King. He is also one of the main antagonists of Peter Jackson's The Hobbit film trilogy, along with Smaug and his chieftain Azog, serving as a major antagonist in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies, and the secondary antagonist of The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug. Nevertheless, Sauron serves as the Bigger Bad of the entire The Hobbit film trilogy since he was the one behind Azog's crimes and even made a pact with Smaug. He is the 2nd Dark Lord of Middle-earth who resided in Mordor and created the One Ring, which he lost long ago. He was also the right-hand of the 1st Dark Lord, Morgoth.
Sauron was utterly malicious and cruel. In fact, he was so merciless and unsympathetic for human life, thus making him extremely wrathful and aggressive. He had the will to dominate all life, meaning he wanted to rule Arda (unlike Morgoth, who wanted to mark its end). Tolkien even writes about Sauron not being a normal tyrant, and desiring "to be a God-King", making the latter a God Wannabe as well (even though, the only true god in Middle-earth was Eru Ilúvatar). Because he was completely irredeemable, he had to be destroyed once and for all by the One Ring being cast into Mount Doom.
In the live action adaptations by Sir Peter Jackson, Sauron was portrayed by Sala Baker, and voiced by the late Alan Howard in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. In The Hobbit trilogy, he was played by the famous legendary actor, Benedict Cumberbatch, who also played Smaug in the same trilogy.
Michael Langdon (original)
Michael Langdon is one of the main antagonists of American Horror Story. He first appears a minor character in American Horror Story: Murder House and will appear as possibly the main antagonist in the upcoming eighth season, Apocalypse. He is the biological grandson and the adopted son of Constance Langdon, and the birth child of Tate Langdon and Vivien Harmon. He is a seemingly innocent child, but in fact he is the Anti-Christ.
Michael was conceived in "Pilot" when Tate, as the Rubber Man, raped Vivien, who she believed to be her husband, Ben. Billie Dean Howard believed that a child born under these circumstances would be the Anti-Christ and would bring about the end of days.
During Vivien's first ultrasound, the attending nurse fainted in horror at the sight of the then-unborn Michael in-utero, and quit her job immediately afterword; the ultrasound machine, mysteriously, broke moments after this. Later, Vivien had a nightmare of a tiny clawed hand attempting to rip through her pregnant stomach. Soon after, she began to develop a taste for raw organs, consuming the liver and uncooked brain of a cow.
Later, Vivien was eventually able to contact the nurse from her failed ultrasound, who hesitantly agreed to meet her in a church, telling in her it was the only place where she "[felt] safe". She confided in Vivien that what she witnessed in her womb plagued her with nightmares and turned her into a believer in God, and, recalling what she witnessed during the ultrasound, whispered quietly to herself "...the hoofed feet". However, Vivien thought the nurse was insane and refused to believe her. She headed out the cathedral doors in frustration, while the nurse began to fervently recite quotes from the Bible, her face plastered with a look of dread.
In "Birth", Vivien gives birth to Michael and his twin brother named Jeffrey. He is quickly snagged by Constance. She and Moira admire him while washing off the placenta and Hayden comes in and states that he is her baby. Hayden enlists the help of Dallas and Fiona and kills Ben to prevent him from leaving with the baby and takes Michael for herself. Thanks to Travis incapacitating Hayden, Constance takes the baby from her and "adopts" him.
Unknown to anyone, Micheal is born evil. In an epilogue of "Afterbirth", after three years of the twins' birth, Constance comes home to find that Michael has murdered his nanny, revealing himself to be an Anti-Christ just as Billie Dean suspected. It is implied that Constance was both surprised and somehow pleased with that, and so that she continued to raise the child, unknowing what sort of havoc he would wreck when he grows up.
He was portrayed by Asher Gian Starita as a child in Murder House, and will be portrayed by Cody Fern in Apocalypse.
Donquixote Doflamingo, nicknamed "Heavenly Yaksha", was one of the major villains in One Piece. He was the captain of the Donquixote Pirates, a former Shichibukai with a frozen bounty of Beli340,000,000, the most influential underworld broker under the codename "Joker", and is a former World Noble of the Donquixote Family descent. He is the first son of the late Donquixote Homing and the older brother of the late Rosinante, both of whom he killed out of feeling betrayed by them. Doflamingo became the king of Dressrosa after taking the throne from Riku Dold III eight years before the start of the series; he ruled the country tyrannically until he was stripped of his positions as a Shichibukai and king after he was defeated by Monkey D. Luffy near the end of the Dressrosa Arc, being arrested alongside most of his crew members by admiral Fujitora.
Doflamingo is a major antagonist in the Marineford Arc where he took part in the Battle of Marineford and sided with the Marines, along with most of the other Shichibukai. He is also the main antagonist of the Dressrosa Arc and the Dressrosa Saga as a whole, being the impetus for the entirety of the saga's events.
Theodore "Theo" Dumas (later Galavan) is the main antagonist in the Rise of the Villains arc, and a supporting antagonist in the Wrath of the Villains arc of the second season in the TV series Gotham, who made his debut at the beginning of the season alongside his sister Tabitha. After arriving at Gotham City, he quickly manages to become the city's mayor through manipulation, deception and blackmail.
While seen as a savior in the eyes of the public, he in truth plans to destroy the Wayne Family and their legacy, as his ancestors were driven out of the city by them two centuries ago. His actions eventually bring Jim Gordon and Penguin to combine forces which leads to Galavan's death by the hands of Gordon. Galavan's body is delivered to Indian Hill, a research facility led by Professor Strange.
Theo's body is experimented on and eventually, Strange manages to successfully reanimate him. Despite showing enhanced physical abilities, Theo's mind seems to have suffered a great deal during the reanimation. After a conversation with Edward Nygma, Hugo Strange finds a new way to put Theo to use by giving him a new persona. Strange manages to convince the fragmented, confused and extremely dangerous Theo that he is his father and that his name is Azrael, a knight of the Sacred Order of the Saint of Dumas to be used as an "instrument to enforce God's will." During this mission, parts of Theo resurface in Azrael and he sets out to fulfill his original mission - killing Bruce Wayne. During a showdown at Wayne Manor, he is ultimately killed by the combined efforts of Bruce, Alfred, Gordon, Penguin and Butch.
He is played by James Frain who also played Franklin Mott, Eric Renard and Reyes.
Sir Crocodile was one of the major antagonists in One Piece. is the former president of the mysterious crime syndicate Baroque Works and the main antagonist of the Alabasta Arc and Alabasta Saga as a whole. He is one of the longest running and most noteworthy primary adversaries of the series, as he was the first enemy to hand Luffy a complete and utter defeat, as well as one of only two who has defeated Luffy more than once. He was originally introduced as a Shichibukai but was later stripped of his title after attempting to take control of the desert kingdom Alabasta.
Thanks to Luffy, he managed to escape from Impel Down and went to Marineford to participate in the war; after that, he and his subordinate Daz Bones decided to head out to the New World.
Carla Radames is the main antagonist of Resident Evil 6 as well as the secondary antagonist in Leon's campaign and the primary antagonist in Ada's campaign alongside Chris and Jake's campaigns respectively. She is a genius researcher who became a doppelganger of Ada Wong upon working for Derek C. Simmons and is also the one responsible for the discovery and creation of the C-Virus, thus she is both the eventual founder and leader of an Umbrella Corporation-typed organization called Neo-Umbrella.
Prior to her complete mutation into a copy of Ada Wong, Carla was taken with Derek C. Simmons. The work he put into the creation of the C-Virus and the pain-staking lengths she took were all at thought of gaining his recognition and praise. Carla sought only to make Simmons proud of her. Immediately after her transformation, Carla had lost any real semblance of individuality and reacted solely to what Simmons told her at first. However, Carla noted that something in her mind urged her to kill Simmons and destroy his dreams. At some point Carla began to listen to this voice and showed nothing but spite and vengeance towards Simmons and her goals of destroying everything he worked for.
By the events of Resident Evil 6, Carla had a very warped mind, consisting of a mixture between the 'Ada Wong' personality Simmons made, and the woman she used to be. She, just like the real Ada, speaks in a calm and icy way, though with a more cruel tone to it. She never showed fear or anxiety once during the entire game, despite being chased by several groups of people, and being cornered by Chris Redfield (a man who wanted nothing more than to see her dead) and she in fact seemed amused by his attempts, openly taunting him, even when he took a shot at her, she remained unfazed.
Her interactions with Ada were brief and only occurred after Carla's mind had gone far beyond anything reasonable. All similarities between her and Ada vanished as Carla grew increasingly insane. Still fully convinced that she, herself, was the real Ada Wong and voiced this "fact" numerous times as she made every effort to kill her "impostor" after her transformation into a shapeless mass. During her descent into madness, Carla would also say Simmons' name, as if he was there too, further proving just how little (if any) of her sanity remained.
Carla had complete control over Ustanak as was noted by a Neo Umbrella researcher. She was the only one he would listen to and would follow her orders to his death. It was also noted that Carla spoke to Ustanak very kindly, much like how a mother would speak to her child. Carla had the tendency to personalize her relationship to the other creatures, referring to the chrysalids as her cocoons and calling the HAOS her "special pet." She seemed extremely proud of the Chrysalid in her private lab, dubbing it as her greatest work yet. What would've hatched from that remains a mystery though.
Mephiles the DarkMephiles the Dark (闇のメフィレス Yami no Mefiresu?) is one of the primary antagonists in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). He is the malevolent conscience, mind and will of the sun god Solaris. Mephiles was born during the Solaris Project when the experiments on Solaris split him into Mephiles and Iblis. After his birth, Mephiles was sealed inside the Scepter of Darkness by Shadow the Hedgehog, but was freed ten years later during a skirmish between Shadow, Rouge and Dr. Eggman.
After his release, Mephiles orchestrated a centuries-long plan to release Iblis from Princess Elise and rejoin with it, which succeeded when he killed Sonic the Hedgehog. He then reemerged with Iblis, remaking Solaris, but was defeated by Sonic, Shadow and Silver, and subsequently erased from existence.
Unlike most of the villains in the Sonic series, who are driven by a lust for power or revenge, Mephiles (according to Shadow) only seems to crave destruction. He is portrayed as a cold, manipulative, cruel, sadistic, and ruthless villain with no sense of compassion. He would do anything to accomplish his goals, even if it means taking innocent lives. Mephiles happens to take great pleasure and delight in hurting others and has been shown to have a very warped and twisted sense of humor, making him a very sadistic and psychotic individual. For example, he made it his sole mission to cause pain to Elise throughout the entire course of the game, and even broke out into a maniacal laughter after ending Sonic's life. This is also seen when he taunts Omega by telling him he would be reprogrammed to capture Shadow.
Mephiles is also highly intelligent, capable of using and manipulating people to further his evil plans. This is shown when he preyed upon Silver's frustration and desire to save the world, by deceiving him into thinking that Sonic was responsible for the devastation of his future, knowing that killing Sonic would have done the exact opposite of what Silver was trying to achieve. In addition, his intelligence was such that he could craft fallback plans in case his initial plans did not work. This was especially evident in the Last Story, where Mephiles proceeded to use a Chaos Emerald to kill Sonic, after Silver evidently stopped trying to kill Sonic.
Mephiles also has nihilistic tendencies, as evidenced in his final fight against Shadow, where he asks why Shadow even bothers fighting at all, and why Shadow even bothers defending humanity when they will inevitably persecute him later. However, it seems that he has some manners, as he bowed to Shadow after taking his form, though this was most likely done as a mocking gesture.
Grand Karcist IonGrand Karcist Ion, also known as the Sorcerer-King of Adytum, is a recurring figure in the SCP Foundation universe. He is considered one of the most powerful beings in the setting.
Ion's beginnings were humble, starting out as a lowly slave under the rule of the oppressive Daeva civilization in circa 1800 BCE. Blessed by the primordial being Yaldabaoth, Ion was given power over flesh and disease, which he used to garner a rapidly growing following and eventually overthrow the Daeva that had enslaved his people for so long. He and his followers created their own kingdom, with the city of Adytum as its capital.
As Ion and his new empire continued to rapidly expand their territory, they were halted by a coalition of ancient civilization including the Egyptians, the Assyrians, the Minoans and the fictional Mekhanites. Fearful of the terrible powers Ion and his followers utilized, the alliance fought a brutal and destructive war against Ion which eventually ended after millions of casualties with the complete destruction of Adytum. Ion himself vanished and his broken followers fled to avoid persecution.
Drawn to his immense powers and charismatic orations, Ion garnered a massive following which continues to exist to this day. These followers adhere to a religion known as Sarkicism, which is derived from the Greek word for "flesh". Sarkicism follows the tenets of Ion, and its adherents practice, among other things, ritual cannibalism, human sacrifice, thaumaturgy and organic augmentation. Some of the more powerful Sarkites have moved passed what can be considered human and are functionally immortal.
It was speculated that Ion was behind the creation of SCP-610.
Fleet Admiral Sakazuki, also known as Akainu, is one of the main antagonist in One Piece. He is the current fleet admiral of the Marines, succeeding the previous fleet admiral, Sengoku. During the first half of the series, he was one of the three admirals, and the last one to be fully revealed. He ascended to the position of fleet admiral after defeating Kuzan in a ten-day duel that left Punk Hazard in its current state. One of his first decisions was to relocate the Marine Headquarters into the New World in preparation for the New Pirate Age.
Because of his actions, Akainu was one of the main antagonists of the Marineford Arc and after his promotion, he became one of the central antagonists of the series alongside Gorosei and Blackbeard.
Sakazuki is a strident follower of Absolute Justice, to the point where his extremism prompted an equally high-ranking colleague to resign from the Marines. He believes that a person's heritage is a reflection of how big of a threat they pose - a belief which caused him to target Portgas D. Ace and Monkey D. Luffy during the Battle of Marineford for the purpose of purging their "bad blood", which ultimately led him to personally kill Ace and attempt to kill Luffy, which he failed to do - managing only to leave a massive scar on his chest.
Francis DolarhydeFrancis Dolarhyde is a fictional serial killer and the main antagonist of both the novel and 2002 film Red Dragon, the 1986 film Manhunter, and the recurring villain of the third and final season of Hannibal. Dolarhyde is nicknamed the Tooth Fairy due to his compulsive tendency to bite his victims. Francis Dolarhyde also acts as the main antagonist of the film Manhunter - which is an early adaptation of the novel released before the more famous "Red Dragon" film.
Dolarhyde targets families via home videos he processes through his work. He first murders the pet. When killing a family, he performs the murders on or near a full moon. When in the house, he first murders the mother, then the father, either by cutting their throat or shooting them. He then murders the children. After the killings, he smashes the mirrors and places the shards into the victim's eyes, so that they can see him for what he is. He arranges the corpses like an audience. He also sexually assaults the corpses of the mothers and also records the crimes for sexual relief. By doing this, Dolarhyde believes that he is appeasing the Dragon personality and that he will eventually become the Dragon. This changes once he falls in love with Reba, causing conflict between the two personalities. When switching to the "Dragon", his voice becomes louder and deeper, and has no problems with speech, suggesting that Dolarhyde's speech impediment is partly psychosomatic.
As well as the "Tooth Fairy" killings, he is shown to be an efficient marksman with a gun, killing two men with quick head shots. He has also shown to kill for vengeance, in particular his brutal killing of Freddy Lounds.
In Manhunter, Dolarhyde is portrayed by Tom Noonan, who also played The Ripper and Cain. In Red Dragon (2002), he is portrayed by the Academy Award nominated actor, Ralph Fiennes, who was famous in portraying villainous roles such as Lord Voldemort, Amon Goeth, Ramses, Raiden the Moon King, Victor Quartermaine, and Hades. In the third season of the TV series Hannibal, he is a recurring character, played by Richard Armitage who also portrayed Heinz Kruger.
Hugo StrangeProfessor Hugo Strange first gained fame as a psychiatrist who declared that he had fully analyzed the Dark Knight from afar, and later lent credence to his own claims by deducing Batman’s true identity as Bruce Wayne. However, his interest in the Batman turned into a deranged obsession, and he used his medical expertise to hatch a series of bizarre plots based around genetics and mind control in order to defeat the hero and possibly take his place as Gotham's savior.
He served as one of the main antagonists in Batman: Arkham City, where the main plot revolved around Batman stopping Protocol 10, the dubious warden's mysterious endgame that he devised with Ra's al Ghul. Hugo Strange was dedicated to understanding the workings of the human mind, no matter what it took. Strange had very little remorse for his actions, given that he let the Mad Hatter experiment on the forgotten patients to perfect the drug he used to mind-control the TYGER Guards and Quincy Sharp. After he came in contact with Ra's al Ghul, Strange became dedicated to wiping out the criminal element in Gotham, and planned on repeating the process in both Keystone and Metropolis, and probably more cities besides. That also gave Strange an inflated ego, since he had figured out Bruce Wayne's secret identity, and was a candidate to replace Ra's as the head of the League of Assassins.
Strange possessed a malignant and sadistic mind, though he was dedicated to his work as a psychiatrist he seemed to perform his experiments with a smile on his face and taunted and Batman as he made his descent on Wonder Tower, making threats to attack his allies after the success of Protocol 10. His egomaniacal traits were showcased by how he once referred himself to himself in the third person and made speeches in his own honor, all regarding his superiority over Batman. Strange is thoroughly unethical in his dedication to understanding the aspects of criminology and the criminal mind in general so he could use this information to advance Protocol 10. He sent innocent doctors to treat the Joker, fully knowing it would result in their deaths so he could satisfy his thirst for knowledge regarding the Joker's backstory and threatened the life of Catwoman's friend, Holly to force her to comply during the Interview Tapes. He also didn't know what it is like to love another person, as shown when he replied a simple no to Mr. Freeze's question about the subject.
Beneath his arrogant demeanor, Strange was also somewhat insecure. His obsessive and maniacal mind caused his deteriorating psyche and his fixation on Batman which went far as to create his own Batsuit that he wears while weeping in his hands. Strange's obsession with Batman projected a desire to not only be Batman but outshine him in any way, joining forces with Ra's al Ghul he masterminded Protocol 10 to eliminate all criminal element in the world, a more extreme version of Batman's goals to bring peace to Gotham. Strange does not see any fault in his actions or himself as in his mind he is the hero of the story. He does, however doubt himself especially regarding how worthy he might be to the mantle of Batman which Riddler informs of him.
Whilst he was a psychiatrist, Strange was furthermost known for his outright callous and sadistic disregard for his own patients. In his goal of obtaining knowledge of the human mind he was quite immoral, ruthlessly blackmailing, dominating and controlling his patients to gain information, even forcefully getting them to relive painful past experiences simply to satisfy his own needs. After he became in charge of Arkham City, Strange began showing even less concern of the inmates, occasionally leaving them without food or allowing others to experiment on the Arkham Asylum Lunatics.
His greatest ability was his powerful intelligence and ability to manipulate others. He bribed the mentally unbalanced Jervis Tetch with his hats at the Asylun and feeding his allusions of Alice, forcing him to perfect his mind control serum. After which he repeatedly drugged the Mayor Quincy Sharp, manipulating him into making Strange in charge of Arkham City. He made several fail-safes in the chance of a mass breakout, especially Protocol 10 which would eradicate the entire criminal population of Arkham City and then proceeds to exacerbate the gang war by providing them with military-grade weaponry and makes it appear as if Arkham City was lost when in reality he purposefully gave it to the criminals so he could complete Ra's al Ghul's purpose of destroying all criminal life.
It is entirely possible that Strange has accepted the League of Assassins beliefs since encountering Ra's and his twisted philosophy. He shows genuine hatred towards criminals, sadistically watching the carnage of Protocol 10 whilst claiming it was "glorious". He does not seem to match Ra's to a degree of zealotry but moreover believes their deaths are for the greater good of Gotham and other cities. On the other hand, Strange's goals are extremely self-centered as he was using the League of Assassins code to prove his superiority over Batman.
Damien Thorn is the main antagonist of The Omen trilogy. He is the son of the Devil and the biblical Antichrist who is destined to bring on the apocalypse, in the first movie Damien was a child and was just beginning to utilize his apocalyptic powers against the world but as he grew older his influence expanded until his climatic battle with the Second Coming of Christ during the events of Omen III.
Due to his unholy heritage and his destiny as the Antichrist, Damien possessed several harmful and unholy abilities and weaknesses. He could cause machinery to break down and/or stop working, and could cause people to see horrific visions and develop aneurysms. He also knew vast information about virtually every known historical event.
It was also shown that Damien was apparently immune to all major and minor mortal ailments (from colds and chicken pox to chemical poisoning), and that the Seven Daggers of Megiddo are the only weapons that could harm him; and even then Damien had to be killed with all seven of the daggers on a church altar to destroy his body and incapacitate his soul. He could cause people to hallucinate others as someone else, and could also control some animals such as dogs and horses.
Because of his Satanic status and lineage, Damien deeply feared churches as a child, and felt discomfort and pain when the second Star of Bethlehem formed during the Second Coming of Christ.
He was portrayed by Harvey Spencer Stevens in the first film, Jonathan Scott-Taylor in the second film, Sam Neil in the third film, and Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick in the remake.