Dark Magician Girl, known as Black Magician Girl (ブラック・マジシャン・ガール Burakku Majishan Gāru) in Japan, is a card and character from Yu-Gi-Oh!
Ikran's F-Zero timeline
Dark Magician Girl made her short appearance during Ending it All. Yugi Muto and Joey Wheeler were dealing with hordes of Death Soldiers at the dangerous Mute City King League circuit while saving Jody Summer. Yugi used the Top Hat Card to make her attacks more powerful, but due to the enemies' agility, Joey summoned his Baby Dragon in conjunction with the Time Wizard for assistance. Along with other Duel Monster cameos, they were successful on fending them off; however, it was all a setup as Jody shocked the Duelists with her ray gun and tied them at the epicenter of a fatal minefield! Thankfully, Leon was there to save them after Tinsel Steelus beat the assassin half to death.
- Despite this monster's card text, this card was released in the TCG long before "Magician of Black Chaos".
- This monster is the apprentice and female counterpart of the "Dark Magician".
- This card has a retrained counterpart: "Apprentice Illusion Magician"
- This monster is a cover card for Premium Pack 4.
- This card's effect may refer to how Mana, its original spirit owner, vowed to train hard and become stronger to honor the death of her teacher Mahad (who became the Dark Magician after his death).
- This monster appears in the artwork of the following cards:
- Bond Between Teacher and Student
- Dark Burning Attack
- Dark Burning Magic
- Dark Magic Twin Burst
- Dark Magic Expanded
- Magician Navigation
- Magicians' Defense
- Dark Magic Inheritance
- This card has counterparts known as "Magician's Valkyria" and "Gagaga Girl", as well as a supposed younger counterpart known as "Card Ejector", a Toon counterpart known as "Toon Dark Magician Girl", and an Xyz counterpart known as "Magi Magi ☆ Magician Gal". In the anime, she also fuses with "The Eye of Timaeus" to form "Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight"
- "Dark Magician Girl" is themed after the magical girl manga and anime subgenre, while retaining a shonen undertone.
- The third artwork of "Dark Magician Girl" is based on the first artwork of "Dark Magician". Both artworks feature the "Magicians" holding their hats with their left hands, holding their scepters with their right, floating in front of the "Magicians'" seal with their knees bent and their legs tucked in.
- In the 20th tome of the manga, when Yugi Summoned "Dark Magician Girl" during his Duel against Strings she appears the same way she is drawn on this artwork, and remained in this position until her destruction.
- Newer reprints for this card (in Starter Deck Yugi Reloaded and Premium Gold) do not have the 8-digit passcode.
- This is one of the few times a card is reprinted without a passcode.
- This card is the only "Magician Girl" monster to have one effect instead of two.
- This card's Anniversary artwork, featuring her riding her wand, was the only anniversary artwork that was not released to the TCG, as Kazuki Takahashi refused to censor her artwork.