Akari Tsukimura (月村 アカリ Tsukimura Akari) is an ally in Kamen Rider Ghost.
Akari is very logical and does not believe in ghosts, often trying to explain away any odd phenomenon using scientific principles and terms. She is very stubborn about her belief in science and often gets into arguments with Onari. While she has a hard time believing in anything she cannot explain, she does have faith and trust in Takeru as a friend and is there to support him.
Due to their shared background as scientists, Akari has developed a rivalry with Igor from the Gamma World. Despite him appearing to be a threat, Akari is not afraid to stand up to him, even going so far as to slap him a few times in the series, humiliating him badly.
Akari is very enthusiastic about science and gets along well with those who feel similarly. She wished to take Takeru with her to a science expo. In contrast to her rivalry with the mad scientist Igor, she bonded strongly with Rinna Sawagami over their shared passion for science, and they even went into battle together, with Rinna calling them the "science sisters". Akari also has great admiration for historical figures known for their contributions to the fields of science or their attitudes on science, such as Thomas Edison, Leonardo da Vinci, and Harry Houdini.
Her personality changes upon being possessed by Beethoven Damashii, in that she becomes an energetic musician, now talking as if she were singing in an opera. She also tends to add musical terms or things related to music and composing music.
Akari Tsukimura first appeared as one of Wataru Kurenai's followers. She was newly instructed by Wataru Kurenai in order to defeat the Space Martians. However, she and Wataru's followers conceded defeats before joining forces with our heroes.
After the defeats of the Bruters and the death of Yan Baihu, she and the heroes continued journey to Earth.
- One of Akari's favorite historical figures is Harry Houdini, whom she adores due to having the similar mindsets of debunking supernatural existences.
- In Super Movie War Genesis, the past version of Akari expressed a deep admiration for the famous Renaissance genius, Leonardo da Vinci, which made the Gamma target her for the creation of an Eyecon based on him.
- Akari can be seen wearing glasses whenever she faces the computer. Considering that she has neither signs of refractions, this may be hint that the glasses are simply for UV protection, namely photochromic lens.
- She is said by many, especially Alain, to be a 'reckless woman'.
- Akari being possesed by the Beethoven Eyecon could be explained by her surname containing the word moon (月 Tsuki), given that one of Beethoven's most famous compositions is the Moonlight Sonata.
- In Kamen Rider stories, Akari is the love interest of Takeru Tenkuji.